MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Saturday at the Fair

Dee

We decided to heck with working today and are heading up to the fair. Iowa is known for it's State Fair but today we're going to the Clay County Fair in Spencer, Iowa. Not nearly so big as the State Fair but fun all the same.

There's a chance of rain all day in this part of the country but we'll just hope it holds off. IF it does, I think we might do a little geocaching too.

What are you all up to? Have a great day whatever it is!

Good morning, Dee . That sounds like a great way to spend Saturday.

It's rainy and foggy here this morning. It remains to be seen how rainy - mist, sprinkle, drizzle, gully-washer.

It's a soup kind of day. Bake something kind of day. I'm thinking buttermilk coffee cake. And the thing I do best: puttering.

Good morning everyone. Like Peaceful, I am in the PNW and it is damp this morning. I had planned to do "indoor" things today anyway as the weather had called for some moisture (much needed by the way). As soon as I get off the PC I am going to can some pole beans, carrots, and tomatoes that I picked last night. Then I am off to pick up DD from her friend's - had a sleep over last night. I will then be taking her in to the mall to wrap up the last of her school shopping. We did the bulk of it before school started but decided to wait on the rest of her jeans and shirts until the weekend after it started - so she could do it in more manageable chunks of time and also have a chance to see what everyone else is really wearing this year and possibly adjust her choices if she wanted.

So that is really about all I want to try and tackle today. If it is still rainy and chilly tonight - I might fire up the woodstove this evening for the first time this year. Not sure what dinner will be - but a good soup sounds like a yummy choice - maybe combined with some homemade sourdough bread rolls.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone. I survived the 6th grade sleepover last night although I did finally have to tell them lights out at 3 am. They were pretty self-entertaining...I got a videos and games, pizza and cake...they were set. They're all gone and ds is looking pooped! Little does he know I have work cut out for him...A neighbor just dropped by and wanted to know if we want some of their mulch that was leftover. It is a huge pile and I can use it for my garden..they are 3 houses down and we have 1 wheelbarrow...so I guess we'll be working hard today...fortunately it's pretty cool. Hope ya'll have a great Saturday!

Stacy

It is beautiful today, warm but not hot.

DH and I went out to breakfast and visited with some friends at the restaurant.

Since we got home, DH has been working on the yard. He hasn't had much free time lately and he wants to get the old garden remnants cleaned up for fall. I vacuumed and cleaned the bathrooms.

Later today we are going to the Unclaimed Baggage place and then to the apple orchard on the mountain. It is alot of fun there. They give you free samples and also make a slushy cider drink. It is sooo good and I don't even normally like apple cider.

Still no chance of rain. We still need a gully washer!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

It was a fantastic Saturday. Decided to put a hold on finishing the trim to give my hubby an actual day off. He has been working doubles.

Got up first thing and went to some yard sales. Got both of my girls 4 pairs of jeans each and I was in heaven!

Then we went a few cities away and got a breading group of meat rabbits. 1 male 2 females. The kids have already named them. Thomas, Snow (after Snow White), and Viper (Cobra Viper) So the kids have been excited all day. We just finished up building cages and getting them seperated. Now we get to figure out how to put some legs on those cages.

Now I just have to figure out how to get the kids in bed after an exciting day.

Hope you all had a good one!

Archived