MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's Share a Picture of our Kitchens...

Dee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woo woo. I'm jealous! That big window in your kitchen lets soooo much sunlight in, mine is a dinky little window. I love the way your cabinets go all the way to the roof,a great place to put empty canning jars after you've used what was in them. Sorry though, to make mine clean enough for a picture I'd need a cleaning service. Right now right hand has fell apart, can't hold a pencil much less a broom, down to typing with one finger on right hand and two on left. but love your kitchen!

You have a beautiful kitchen Dee! Mine is so jam packed with everything right now and needs a coat of paint before I would post a pic of it. We are having a 12x24 foot porch built as we speak so that we will be able to move in our small home. When I bought this place, gutted and remodled it.....it was for 2 people, me and DS#1. I never thought I would get married again and have another child ~Sue

Umm, OK...my kitchen looks like this...

Left hand side: 2 ft of countertop, with cabinets above and below, then sink, then another 2 ft of countertop with dish drainer and mic on top, plus cabinets above and below, then washing machine.

Right hand side: 1 ft of countertop, stove, 1 ft of countertop, refrigerator, pantry cabinet.

Aisle down the center is probably 4 ft wide.

I am suffering from SERIOUS kitchen envy!

Mo7

I know what you mean Mo7...my first kitchen had about 1 1/2' on the left side of the sink, maybe 2' on the right, 2' to the left of the stove and maybe 1' between the stove and refrigerator...on the other wall was my washer and dryer lol...

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

My kitchen in this house was totally different when I bought it. I had a house fire so I was fortunate enough to be in a position to make it more along the lines of how I'd like it...to be honest through, I'd rather go back to my other kitchen than to go through all I did with the fire to have what I have today...5 minutes another way and I wouldn't be here right now typing this.

Some things in life come with a price.

*shrug*

just so you all know, I can fit my entire home in Darlenes kitchen!

I will take a photo of mine just as soon as I kill all the bugs in this new computer and get everything loaded back in.

I need instructions on how to u/l photos too.

Oh kewl wickie...you gotta love those gas stoves...if I ever move, I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't have a gas stove. The *window* you put in really opens things up there too...beautiful!

More importantly, your little one is gorgeous!

Thanks Dar, I tease him about how he likes to tuck his shirt in (he must be a neat freak), I tell him he looks silly, he tells me he doesn't care, that's how he likes it, and I tell him that good, don't ever let anyone take that from him!

It was a horrible was before the window. What was even worse, was the oven (in the pic right next to my room) was next to the counter, if you had the front door open, you couldn't walk into the kitchen, it was in the way! Luckily, that whole thing slid to a new spot (unfortunately it doesn't work anymore, we've been using a roaster oven for the past year! It's just taking space now)

Archived