MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's Share a Picture of our Kitchens...

Dee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jewlzm, I could still do some damage in your kitchen, even if it is only a *2 butt kitchen* lol...hopefully I'd be helpful and not an hinderance.

I'm NOT like westie...she's really BOSSY!

With the new doors that Jim made for the cabinets and the cabinets that he built over the fridge and the shelves at the end, both top and bottom.

On the left side across from the buffet/hutch is my table.

On the right across from the refrigerator is the stove.

Our kitchen is now 2X as big as it was when we bought the house. It is 9X13. The heat vent in the floor is where the front wall used to be, we went out another 6 foot from there so we could put our table in the kitchen.

107099-MyKitchen1.jpg

Quote:
This has been a great thread, I have enjoyed so much peeking into your homes, makes everyone seem so "real"...lol!

Stephanie

its nice to see where the magic happens!

i can take pictures of only the bits that my webcam will reach. heh heh i will give it my best shot tonightm after the kids are in bed.

Thanks, Dee & Darlene. I like that shade of blue, too, and my whole house's color scheme is pretty much blue & white. But the previous owners did this paint job and it's just a tad too MUCH blue for my taste. Especially the ice-blue paneling they put up in there. Even the doors of that eight-foot-wide pantry closet are painted that blue. It kinda gets to you after a while, lol. I hated how small this kitchen is when we first bought the house, but I've come to appreciate it because I don't have to move around a lot, and that's helpful with my bone & joint pain. Bright side to everything, huh? 0461.gif

Well folks, no way am I shooting any pics of my messy kitchen! Between 3 kids & two dogs, 'clean' it isn't! At least it is large & not crowded. It could have used a better layout, and I do have some unused space, but haven't really decided what to do with the north wall...

Vic

Thanks, Glynn & Jewlzm. 0511.gif

Glynn, believe it or not, I don't have any ice cream in my freezer, lol. Steve may drive for Baskin Robbins, but there are no more Baskin Robbins here in town, and since he's based in Atlanta, it's too far for him to bring any home--it would be soup by the time he got here. 0516.gif

Jewlzm, I have blue in all my rooms, too...it's my favorite color. 0518.gif

Ok, here's mine. It's not *perfectly* clean, but hey, I figured you guys could deal.

And don't blame me for the orange counters. They were here when we purchased this home and they will soooo be there when I leave. The walls in the kitchen area are mint green. I have done the best I can w/ decorating using those colors. I have a canister set, pitcher & bowl, etc. that I found at cracker barrell that matches the kitchen.

And I can find ton of stuff during the fall season that will coordinate that I can use all year long in there.

This first one is in the doorway facing the kitchen. Stove to the right, counter and eating area to the left.

107322-kitchenpics027.jpg

Archived