MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's Share a Picture of our Kitchens...

Dee

Train your children to help...with all that you have going on, you need to teach them to be a little more organized...

I use the reward system.

If I ask for something to be done, and I get flack about it, extra chores are added till the attitude straightens up...it's quite painful to them in the beginning of these changes, their indignation and tempers flare, but I'm the boss and I will be listened to.

It's hard to undo what wasn't done right from the beginning, so it'll take some work and time but it is all worth it cause some of the best times we have these days is when we're all working together...peacefully lol.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to use the phrase.. "If you dont work you dont eat" Its from the history books when the new settlers thought they would not help to grow their own food for survival.

The only thing I really have an issue with my children helping with or doing on their own.. are dishes and their bedrooms. But then all I have to do is tell them they can eat out of their hands instead of using my dishes.. and for the bedroom all I have to do is grab a garbage bag and start heading to their room.. and miraculously they are in their cleaning. Its amaxing how fast little kids can move

Lois that is my problem.... one cup left on the counter and my kitchen is a disaster! clean as I go.

the kids.. yes.. my favorite was "you wanna eat?" they knew I ment it.. I can easily move my refrigerator out away from the wall... and duct tape it closed in a matter of a few minutes.

I bet you thought I was just teasing about the duct tape in chat last night huh? well, I wasn't! poor kids.

Howdy boys.. there is a new sheriff in town and I am armed with duct tape!

My counter space is just what you can see in the picture, that is why I have a wooden table with wooden legs that don't come loose when you knead bread or roll out pie crust on it.

My kids never gave me to much trouble about their chores, it was do it without an argument or you can do it with an argument every night till you learn.

DH fixed my good computer which makes me soooooooo happy BUT if he'd had it fixed earlier I'd have never made the statement about putting up pictures of my messy kitchen. However, since I'm a woman of my word mom11, here they are.

Here's one facing the other way. The open door is the bathroom, the closed door is to the entry porch and the doorway with no door leads to the dining room.

So mom11, as you can see, I have a messy kitchen too.

Those kitchens arnt messy! Those just mean you have been very busy providing well balanced meals for your family And if anyone complains.. just tell them to make an appointment. They are either coming to see you or your kitchen.. it cant be both.. (unless your remodeling)

It would be too painful for me to post a pick of my kitchen right now...I just made a wheat roast that I turned into chorizo sausage, TVP and cheese enchiladas, a big batch of saffron rice, and black beans. I'm also in the middle of making my own pita breads...

And although my hands are sooooooooooooo pruny from washing dishes ALL DAY LONG you couldn't tell from the state of my kitchen...LOL!!!

I have to cook like this once a week b/c since pre-nursing classes started again I have been too swamped to keep up any other way!

So I will attempt to put up a picture of my "DREAM KITCHEN"...

107902-img_gal44.jpg

wasn't that sweet for buttercup to leave sandwich fixin's on the counter for all of us!!! I am starved too!

so as we cruise your kitchen I suppose we are to prepare our own?

guess we aren't company anymore!

ROFL!!!

Oh goodie. These messy photos are so much more fun. Can't you smell that bread baking?

The question is: Can I figure out how to post a photo?

My whole cabin is a bit over 600 sq ft. So this kitchen shot is half of the living room/kit area. It's a marvel what we've all done in our small spaces.

MtRider

PS: Sorry, I need to figure out how to resize, don't I? Hmmm... OK, maybe this is smaller?

107953-DSC02047.jpg

You all are right and I need to get these chicks to help...BUT...There is a total break down around here. They don't listen, they don't follow directions, I ask repeatedly for something and they just ignore me. There is just no backup. I was trying to get 4 gallons of pickles in brine tonight. I had spaghetti sauce simmering, noodles boiling, bread in my broken oven, baking or trying to. Oven will only turn on at 500 degrees. Stupid things! Good ovens, convection, not that old!! Dang things! The 5 year old went nuts and was biting, spitting, kicking. Ended up getting bopped in the eye, with a block, and now has black eye. This is every night! My stupid husband makes sure, he isn't home. He will do anything and everything not to be here, except late at night. Comes home from work, watches sports, eats, reads, and sleeps until 30 mins. before work again. Has nothing to do with us, walks right by. I am just worn out, exhausted, sick...These kids just don't listen. They know I am cooking or dealing with one child, then they sneak away! I don't know what to do....I work all the time and have nothing to show for it. If I had my life to do again, I would absolutely have a career, with the degree, I worked so hard to earn. Now it is too late, my boys are too severely mentally ill, to even think of that. I'm stuck with a cold, detached, weird, freak of a man and no help, no way out! Ugh!!!!! I wish I was 30 again, maybe there would be hope, but not now..... I just wish these kids would do their share....All of my boys have been diagnosed with at least ADHD and the two autsitic, bi-polar boys have it the worst their docs. have ever seen. It is constant destruction. Last week the 13 year old put another hole in the kitchen wall, the 5 year old ripped down my dining room curtains yesterday...It is continuous. My husband won't fix any of this, won't repair holes, NADA! If my husband is home, he goes to the basment and pretends he isn't even here. What's a girl to do???

Your kitchens are all so wonderful, beautiful...CLEAN! You know I was just teasing you!!! God Bless each of You!!! You make me laugh!!!!!!! Catherine

Well now you see these are what my kitchen really looks like.. Of course I am canning chili and veggie soup today and I have the grandson.. Dh is finally home to stay for awhile and took the day off tomorrow.. He's working on a new wall in the furnace room.. And has my nephew and his son here to help.. Extra people means extra mouths to feed and lots more dishes.. Boy can those guys drink coffee!!!

108115-kitchen5.gif

Archived