MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

If you need any help, please read this

MountainMommy

I'll be checking in at MrsS on Mondays to see if anyone needs any help, or has a problem. Please don't think I'm ignoring you if you don't get a response before then. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I am trying to post this and it was rejected:

Subject: Grow Your Own Food -- Year Round

Here is a great site to look into. (see below) http://www.chestnut-sw.com/growform.htm

This enables you to plug in your regional frost dates to determine what to grow when. Consider multiple sites if that is an option.

Make a copy for your journal/survival manual.

For future reference, make a note of all the possible variables and keep it in a tin with your seeds and some dessicant.

For your BOV, place everything together in a handled 5 gal. plastic bucket with your hand tools, gardening gloves, plastic measuring spoons and cups, natural fertilizer and bug repellents; carpenters' pencil, sharpie, computer labels, tongue depressors (labeling); bamboo skewers twist ties, twine (help to keep the plants upright); chalk (ants hate this); lime (for critter poop); a few smashed aluminum pie plates with prepunched holes for hanging (the reflection helps to keep critters away); wooden paint stirrers, cheese cloth and clothes line with clips (shading transplants and seedlings); Water bottle with the squeeze top (for gentle controlled watering); Seal tightly. Label the outside of the bucket "Priority". You're good to go!

Happy Gardening!

samantha web page

Archived