MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Let's Share a Picture of our Kitchens... (PART 2)

Ok, I saw this post the other day and decided to take pictures yesterday, after I had done the dishes. I wasn't really satisfied with some of them so took a couple more this morning. Here are just 3 of what I took.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh chica, I am SO disappointed...if that is what you call a mess, then I'm gonna hafta teach you how to REALLY make a mess! lol

I'm gonna see if I can't get into one of my other old computers where I took a pic of my kitchen when I had bushels of veggies all over to be canned, my dishwasher was broken, I had a ton of dirty dishes and I was cooking up a storm. It's so shocking, it's hysterical...lol

Your children are absolutely beautiful!

Okay...I must fess up! THe reason my kitchen looked so clean is I have been too lazy and haven't been canning and such! I also cleaned off a counter of papers that I had. And we only have 3 adults that live in the house...no children. There...see....my kitchen isn't always clean! LOL! I have so enjoyed seeing everyon's kitchens. I should take a picture of mine now...it looks terrible as I am stripping the cabinets so that I can paint them!

Well, the people I've known that have spotless kitchens either don't really cook or they have a cleaning service or both! The stuff you see on TV and in movies is the stuff of dreams, not real life.

This has been really great, seeing all of your kitchens. There is not one of them that doesn't look like 'home'.

I've seen people with one child, and an infant at that, that had such a horrible mess, I wouldn't even think about sitting down, and I sure wouldn't eat anything cooked in there!

I have LOVED seeing everyone's kitchens! They do all feel homey and wonderful. 0002.gif

Mom11, you sure learned fast & well how to post pictures! Those were great. I agree with Darlene that your children are beautiful. And wow, that food looks scrumptious! 0293.gif

my socks look like that! so what! I have lots of pairs and I can change them if I see them.... but who ever looks at the bottom of their feet anyway?

I think your children are beautiful! I prefer to see the energy spent on kids rather then cleaning! .... wait.. I mean, I prefer to see the energy spent on beating the children into cleaning the kitchen! yeah that's it! ROFL!!!!!

Hi Snowmom!

I love your kitchen!!! So clean and homey!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My 2 boys get what is called a "medicaid waiver." This is for the most severe children and covers what your insurance doesn't. I get repsite, through a home care place. I really don't want respite. I'd rather take care of my chicks. I also end up leaving the two home and still taking 3. I don't want to do something fun, without the two. I don't get enough to really go anywhere, since we live 30 mins. from anywhere. There is going to be a big change. We are going to get a certain amount of money, to use for certain services. Housekeeping is supposed to be one of them, we can use it for. I'm not someone that can say, this mess is OK. It bothers me to no end! I am humiliated. I want to take care of my chicks myself, but I sure would let someone else mop a floor every now and then! I am so tired! I think psychologically, I'd feel better, if I didn't just feel like such a failure, at everything. Tomorrow, I have to go to the nearest town...My son has his alg. and physics class, he has to have a chest ex-ray, and we have psy. therapy. Then there is the rest of the stuff......Whewwww!! Just a clean floor...Oh yeah!!! I know...I whine too much!!!!

Hi Jennysmom!

Gotta fess up! Didn't learn a thing! The one in the tiara... She took the pictures, the fifteen year old put them here. I did hatch the chicks and make the food...Does that count for something!!!!!

Hi Westbrook!

Thanks! All of you are so kind!!! I know the chicks must come first and I don't resent that. Maybe, I resent "You Know Who, who is downstairs, while I am still up here dealing with some crabby children. Didn't even speak to his children today....Wish I could beat him! Is that allowed?? TeeHee!!! He's way bigger than me! I do need to find a way, to get these kids on board, but right now I am so tired, they are getting away with whatever. While I am dealing with one, another escapes what he/or she is supposed to be helping with. That's life!

Here's a pic of the pot rack just after my husband installed it and before we painted the kitchen. It's made of a 1 inch iron pipe, threaded through 1.5 inch steel eyelets that are screwed into the studs. The pots and stuff are hung with steel 'S' hooks.

I designed it, AK (my husband) made it. It's how a lot of things happen around here.

108171-potrack.jpg

you guys have so many pots! i have only 3! and 2 frying pans, one large, and one small. 4 pots if you include my canner.

Nana! Thanks! Hummmmm!!! Wonder, if I could somehow, make this an occuaptional therapy activity...For the therapist and my boys!!!! A little fast talk...I could say it would be good for the boys to learn to use a drill...Yeah!!! That's it...They need to learn to use TOOLS!!! Got it!

In one of my houses, I put little hooks into the side panels on my cabinets and hung things from them. It worked for decluttering the drawers and the hooks held things like spatulas, whips etc.

Thanks Nana! I have a plan!

A word of caution though, I have a rather large window area so you want to measure carefully. My kitchen windows measure 104 inches from one side of the frame to the other. Each window is 48 inches wide. That iron pipe is 8 feet long.

Edited to add;

I think I was half asleep last night. I left out the rest of my thought. It's up there, in purple.

Archived