MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

About Cancer...and other illnesses

Mare

I have been doing research about menopause, and ran onto a website that everyone should read, and keep in their links.

http://www.cancer-prevention.net/

Then, over the weekend, Suzanne Somers was plugging her new book, Ageless, and the research she has done is amazing. I'll be buying her book on Oct 10th when it comes out. In the meantime, I found another book along the same lines called Perfect Balance. It's available at Zooba for $9.95.

There is far too much information this is still rattling loosely around in my head, but ladies, please check it out. Those of you who have young daughters should read about bio-identical hormones. Taking birth control pills and not nursing children seems to play havoc on our bodies. The reason we start with joint problems in our 40's is that our brain has identified that we are coming to the end of our reproductivity, and begins to shut down our bodies. So many illnesses of old age do not have to happen.

Anyway, I'm just so excited to learn about all of this, and I'll report back, but I hope some of you will join me in this research.

I am a firm believer that deseases are caused by malnutrition. Malnourished is what we are when we are not eating properly. All the essential parts of the nutritional chain are important to properly formed cells. Cancer is malformed cells. Prevention of desease is simply learning to eat those foods that nourish the body.

THanks for the info Mare! My knees, especially my right one, have been really, really hurting lately. When I climb the stairs I feel like something is just going to either tear or pop out of my knee! I'm only 41 so not thrilled with this at all. I was able to talk to my doc on the phone last week and will be seeing her on the 3rd so she already has a clue as to what to check out. Plus, the week my mil was here I noticed that I was the only one wearing short-sleeved shirts (even when it was 35 outside some of those days) and I was breaking out in a sweat several times. My FSH and LH levels were normal when checked but maybe they aren't good indicators all the time.

I'll be looking into getting Miss Somers' book from the library. Thanks again

Archived