MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

gran

zzelle

we went and saw gran yesterday and took some pics. she was having a good day. we only stayed about 25 mins. because she was getting wore out. she is on oxygen and moriphine. she tolds us she was ready to be with grandpa. so as of right now that is all i know. so i guess she is giving up she says she is tierd and wants to be with grandpa. so pray that everything will go according to Gods will and that we will be able to accept it what ever it might be. thank you

• 2 weeks later...

she is getting worse. the rining of the phone scares her. they have to shut the ringers off and let the answering machine pick up. she is on moriphine, and she it talking to grandpa who has been gone for ten years. will keep you posted. thanks for the prayers.

Zzelle, Belle is right. Tell her how much you love her and remember the special times with her. I lost my grandpa about four years ago. We were told he had 7-10 days to live and he lived 11. When I went to see him we talked about all the special things I could remember from my childhood... stupid little things, but special. When I left I told him he was the BEST grandpa a girl could have ever had. I hugged his neck and kissed him. The next time I saw him, just a couple days later, he couldn't speak.

Think of the reunion your grandparents will have and how happy they will be. My heart is breaking for you

Two years ago, I went to Michigan to care for my dying mother. As the end was getting near, she was taking time to talk to each one of us. When my turn came, we just sat there, looking at each other.

Finally, I said, "Mom, I really don't have anything to say. I've always told you how I feel about everything. I love you and know you love me". Then, we cried together. I hugged her and kissed her and told her how much I'd miss her. A couple of days later, she died with a smile on her face, as I sat by her bedside.

Her death was beautiful I know that sounds odd, but we made her comfortable and said our goodbyes. What more could anyone ask?

I am crying as I type this. (forgive any typos, since I can't see very well right now). This is the first time I've shed tears since my mother died. I miss her more than I ever thought I would, but still no regrets.

Still thhugdfrommetouanimals-2.gif

As others have said, just talk to her and let her know you love her. Give her some extra th6dee1705-2.gif .

I never had the oppertunity to do this with my grandmothers, I never knew either of them, they had both died years before I was born.

gran is doing worse she does not remember hardly anyone. and she keeps asking for her husband who died 10 years ago and for her baby. she is on morphine patches 24hrs and then they change them and she screams. so only time will tell how much longer she has. she remembers me and that makes me feel very specail. so please keep praying and thanks for all the prayers.

• 3 weeks later...

i went to see gran today me and my mom. she remembers me and mom thank the lord. she can no longer see and she knows she is dyeing. she kissed me and told me goodbye because she was dyeing. it was so hard to see her like this i so not want her to go but she is in soo much pain. that she saud she wants to be with Jesus so she will not hurt anymore. i told her we loved her and we want her to go home when she is ready wich was one the hardest things i ever had to do. thanks for listening. please keep praying.

Archived