MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Anyone here start a diet for 2007?

Momo

Definitely trying to lose weight. I'm doing any particular diet tho. Trying to eat more fruit/veggies, less junk food and soda and exercising 5 days out of the week.

Stacy

I'm doing WW at home. I didn't do well through the holidays (lost three pounds for December), but I'm on track now.

I had gotten lax with meal planning and scratch cooking. As I improve those, I've been able to plan my meals better and stay within my points.

My short term goal is to lose 2lbs per week for the next two months. I'll still need to lose more weight after that, but I think it will slow down some.

Im thinking on a TCD for the new year..

Total Chocolate Diet

Ive been using the Gazelle that I got last summer so I havent really gained more than 1/2 pound over the holidays. Which is really good considering I do alot of baking and taste testing. No diet really. I do plan on trying to drink alot more water.. even if I cant stand the stuff.

I plan to watch what I eat, and be better to myself by excercising more and getting more sleep, trying to rest more, and eating more fruits, and veggies...I am writing down everything I eat and drink to keep a watch on the calories, as well as recording excercise. Moderation is my key though, when I try to cut back calories too much, I end up giving up too soon.

I have been working on changing my way of cooking and eating for about 18 months, but it made no difference to my weight. So then I tried a product called Xanical, it reduces the amount of fats in your diet by 30%. That helped, but the Doctor has me trying another product called reductil - an appetite suppresant. So between the 2 over the last 7 weeks, 7 kilo loss, which is not bad for over Christmas and New Year and DD's birthday!

Hope it keeps coming off!

Sue

Thanks for the link Kayla! Finally a free one!

My doctor is going to send me the gestational diabetes plan - no I'm not pregnant but when I was it was a great help to me in that I didn't pack on a bunch of pounds. I asked if it would be alright to start on it and she said it would wonderful and she thought it was an awesome eating plan. I plan to be walking more. I'm not going to call it dieting just better eating and hopefully losing weight in the process Here's to better health for all of us in 2007!

My plan is walking 5 days during the week, eat more veggies and fruit, moderation.

I've been looking through and organizing photos. Yikes! It gives me a visual I don't usually see when I look in the bathroom mirror. So I put one of those chunky photos where I will see it along with one where I weighed less.

Diet is a scary word for me, the minute I hear it, I get hungry! And weight scales depress me.

I need to drop a few pounds and my biggest hurdle is getting the cravings for sweets to stop.

So for me, the only thing that works is walking, I had gotton slack with it for over a year when I was without a walking partner....I have now found that by walking alone I enjoy the quiet and the flora and fauna so much more.

I had increased my route a few days ago but wasn't sure how far I was going so before heading out to the grocery store yesterday, I tripped the odometer and drove it out and I am now doing just shy of 2 miles a day, 1.9. I am pleased with that...Lol

And my cravings are slowly going away....So my goals are in miles, the pounds will melt off in time.

Good Luck to everybody, I know how hard it is!

Northwoods, I like walking, too. Especially outside. Right now I'm walking inside on the treadmill but my very favorite is walking on a path along the river or at the state park where there is a lot to be seen or on some forest trails. When my son lived in this area he would ride his bike on the park trails and since it was quiet he would sometimes see deer and once a coyote as well as the usual birds, frogs, chickorees. I find that walk the most refreshing of them all - we have walked for 3 hours and it seems like no time at all because the scenery is constantly changing.

You'll have to tell us about what you see on some of your walks.

Oh, Peaceful....I have a lot of walking stories...Lol

I have literally collided with a deer, I'm still not sure which of us were the most surprised! We were apparently both rubbernecking a new home contruction..Lol

Yesterday I walked amidst of around 60-70 wild turkey's. One morning a red fox stood shyly while I talked quietly to him. I also witnessed the birth of a fawn 3 years ago, that was awesome!

These are my reason's for walking in the mornings..it's so quiet and peaceful. I also love walking in the snow.

I do carry a cell phone and metal tipped cane just in case I cross paths with something I would rather not...we have had some recent Cougar sightings, bear are around but I have only seen their tracks and this past hunting season, a hunter shot a 260 pound wild boar and I did not know we had those around!

Coyotes are plentiful and wolves are making a come back up here also. Eagles, Osprey various Hawks and other prey birds, beautiful!

The only time I won't walk is if it's real icy or pouring down rain...on those days I use the Gazelle.

I'm getting back to walking 5 days a week, sometimes 7.

And your right, once you get out there you don't realize how the time fly's by.

I find that walking energizes me for the rest of the day.

I chuckle to watch my neighbors start their cars to drive a few feet to their mailboxes...younger people than me by far...Lol

Happy walking!

• 1 month later...

10 kilo in 10 weeks so quite happy - especially as that included Christmas, New Year, a birthday and 3 days on the road eating takeaways!

As far as the conversion to lbs - 22.04 lbs apparently.

That sounds real good!

Sue

I'm not on any particular diet, but I seem to be losing weight anyways. Probably because I've been too broke to eat out and too busy to cook! I'm about 10 pounds lighter than I was the last time I weighed myself, probably back around Thanksgiving.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived