MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Help!! Panic over hair color!!!

Teaberry

I'm about to cry over nothing I guess, but I'm in total shock and am clueless about what to do next.

A hairdresser told me she'd bring my hair back to it's original color (medium brown) and it's now very close to black - which is not becoming on me at all. Black looks great on someone who was born with darker hair, but I'm more of a honey brown blondish.

Now I have no idea what to do to get it back to it's original haircolor without spending a small fortune. I know it can be dyed again, but I do not trust hair stylists anymore. Who knows! I may get purple next.

Well, I didn't shave it and start over, but I did cut off about 10 inches (for locks of love - they can sell the dyed hair if it's long enough) and went really short to get rid of the color that I had and didn't like, now I'm just highlighting it to mix in the gray until I figure out what I'm gonna do that's better than that.

Oh, Phatkat1956, what a wonderful thing to do. There will be someone out there who will thank you. There are so many children out there who are in need of hair and it is such a blessing for them when they are given a wig from someone who can do it for them. th6dee1705-2.gif

Oh, Teaberry!

I think if you weren't satisfied that hairdresser should have fixed it for you.

Having said that, same thing happened to my daughter-in-law. She was having highlights put in and was told how beautiful it would look and it was orangish in her black hair! She was in tears. And the thing is who wants to go back to someone like that?!

I haven't dyed mine for some years because it's dark brown (with grey) and it tends to "grab" the dark and look even darker. Last time I thought I'd "touch up the grey" I went to work the next day and the first patient to come in the door (I worked for a doctor) said "You dyed your hair!" So how subtle was that?!

If you go to someone to color your hair again see if they have a good reputation for coloring. I've heard some give good haircuts but don't necessarily do great coloring or visa versa.

Burkas must have solved a lot of problems!

Archived