MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

We're havin' a potluck!

ArmyOfFive4God

and I throwing some crisp linens over the buffet table.

I'm bringing spoon bread! Make space on the table.

A bread made very similar to a dressing, used as an accompaniment for meat and vegetables.

Spoon Bread

1 Cup boiling water

1/2 Cup cornmeal

1/2 Cup skim milk

1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

1 Tbs. Baking powder

1 Tbs. Corn oil

2 eggs, separated

corn oil spray

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Pour boiling water over cornmeal. Stir until smooth.

Beat in remaining ingredients, except egg whites.

Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into mixture.

Turn into 1 1/2 -quart casserole dish coated with corn oil spray.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes until set.

Spoon into serving dishes.

Yield: 6 servings (3 cups)

I'll bring the cole slaw, deviled eggs, and pink-eyed, purple hulled peas, yum, yum. These grow in Alabama and the Panhandle of Florida. We bought them from the roadside markets.

Cole slaw dressing

1 cup mayo or Miracle Whip

1/2 cup sugar

1 Teas. garlic powder

1 Tablespoon celery seeds

2 Tablespoons vinegar

1 Teas. salt

Mix well and add to a small head shredded cabbage and a couple shredded carrots.

I have made up shrimp and mushrooms skewered on springs of rosemary (cut rosemary branches about 14inches long. Strip the rosemary leaves off except for the last 2 inches which you will leave on. Soak in water for a couple hours so they won't burn while cooking. Skewer shrimp and mushrooms and any other vegetable you like), cooked on the BBQ on a very low heat, brushed with butter.

Pumpkin Bundt Cake

A couple bottles of wine

All of this food sounds so good! I'll bring the fried chicken, and some corn on the cob. I may even mess around here and make us a big batch of double fudge brownies. And since I got a punch bowl set for Christmas I'll even bring some punch.

grab the door for me please i've got the fresf whole wheat, rye and sourdough bread out here and some taco soup,and corn chowder and clam chowder they all sounded so good i made them all as i watched the storm start out the kitchen window hope one of you saved me a piece of cheesecake.

Archived