MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Getting knocked off the log-in

Pansy

Hi! I am not able to get on the computer every day and even though I choose the option of being on "forever" I seem to get knocked off. Know it is not a big deal to re-log in but I am curious. I end up in the hospital more than I would like, so last time was five days and then several days beyond that - is that the reason? Thanks for any help.

Hi Pansy, I can't help you but I can tell you I have the same problem with hotmail. I have it checked to save my email address and password and it worked up until a month or so ago. Now it saves my email address but I have to type in my password every time. I have NO idea why it happens but DH just says it's a glitch of some kind and to just keep on typing it!

As far as I know, there is no "forever" log on, on this board.

Do you mean the "remember me" box is checked on your log in screen?

Cookies have to be enabled and kept on your computer for that option to function correctly.

If you clear the cookies from your computer, (which you really should do once in awhile,) then that option won't work until the cookie is reinstalled.

Hope you get well soon, Pansy.

Thanks everyone! Will have DH check the cookies thing when he is up and about! He went out to fill our bird feeders this morning and leaned over the garbage can where we keep the seed and his back went out and his Sciatica kicked in! Sheesh! Anyhow, he is on the heating pad now and certainly not interested in the computer can tell you that. Have a great day!

Archived