MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Darlene

Our Newest Forum

I have been asked on several occasions and have talked with our Admin and Moderators about adding a barter forum to MrsSurvival.

I think this is a unique opportunity for many of us to offer things we may have that others find value in. It also is a huge undertaking and responsibility because many times people are not honorable and do not either represent or follow through with deals that they make.

Let me state first and foremost, and emphatically that this is not an undertaking that MrsSurvival.com is responsible for. It is a platform with which members might contact other members to trade or sell things they might have.

This is a whole new venture for MrsSurvival, something we've never done in the past, so I'm sure that there will be alot of organizing things as we go along. Feel free to offer any suggestions on how to make our new forum a positive experience for everyone. I've made this forum visible to all that are members here at MrsSurvival. Lurkers cannot see this forum till they register. That will hopefully keep people out that would attempt to take advantage of others.

I've also added Rita as a moderator on this forum...she has offered to help spearhead this new venture so please give her a warm MrsS welcome.

I cannot stress enough that all transactions are the responsibility of the parties involved and I'm working on getting the proper legal language that will protect MrsSurvival as a whole...lol

Ok, now that I've warned and scared everyone off, let's have some fun...

It sounds like an interesting idea. May we put our own limitations on who we will deal with? I'm thinking of things like someone who has >200 posts (Hah! That would exclude even me!) or has been a member for x years.

Rita, I'm so glad you've joined the mods and offered to moderate this forum.

ferretma, I have a pm into someone at another site who runs a very successful barter forum (actually several). I've asked for their help in helping us set up guidelines with which to operate ours here to insure the safety of our membership.

I'll post his suggestions as soon as I hear from him.

I think you could post.. for sale a herd of Naugha's (my naugha herd is NOT for sale!), only those with 200+ posts need respond.

that would work.. since it is a contract between the seller and the buyer.

which I might add.. is a written contract once someone has aggreed to not only sell and item but to purchase it.

Welcome Rita!! so glad to have you on board!

Rita, glad to have you as new mod of this forum. I'm looking forward to seeing what is posted.

Hey, Westy, are you SURE you don't want to sell your herd of Naughas? I could use some new blood for my own herd and I'v been hoping to get enough to cover my couch with their hides......

Have you ever eaten one?

I am just so excited!!!! I think this is going to be a blast. I am in the middle of moving, so I probably won't be able to offer much for trade, cuz I just packed it all up!!! LOLOL Thank you all for the warm welcome. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to pm me at any time. Now, who has chocolate??? lol Just kidding, I am diabetic, but I can dream can't I?

I am willing to barter for your naughas with my stock of dehydrated water.

This sounds like a neat idea Darlene!

Diabetic Recipe - Oatmeal Chocolate Chip ( around 30 pieces )

Ingredients:

1/3 cup margarine, softened

1/4 cup Brown SugarTwin

3/4 cup unbleached flour, white

1 egg

3/4 cup quick cooking rolled oats

3 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

2. Cream margarine at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; slowly add brown sugar and beat well.

3. Add egg and vanilla, beat well

4. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to margarine mixture, mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.

5. Coat cookie sheets with cooking spray. Using 2 tsp, drop dough onto cookie sheets, leave about 2 inches between each cookie.

6. Bake 10 minutes or until light brown. (The cookies won't be crisp unless they are browned.)

Quote:
I am just so excited!!!! I think this is going to be a blast. I am in the middle of moving, so I probably won't be able to offer much for trade, cuz I just packed it all up!!! LOLOL Thank you all for the warm welcome. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to pm me at any time. Now, who has chocolate??? lol Just kidding, I am diabetic, but I can dream can't I?

we have a whole section of one of our grocery stores dedicated to sugar free chocolate.

i am looking forward to seeing this forum grow.

i suppose that if i needed something for preps that was only availible in the states(or where ever), i could arrange through here to have some one send me one? not that i have anything in mind, but it is a possible use for a forum such as this.

yes Pixie, you would put it under wanted.

Quote:
Prescription needed for buy pills on all internet pharmacy?

Huh?

Hi Rebeccasmc! Welcome to MrsS.

because this was posted in the sunporch, you will have people signing up just to spam.

I say remove the part where you have to register to see it.

I have been a member of dozens of forums, and putting any kind of limit on post numbers or date of first post etc is rubbish.

Eg in one forum I have a few thousand posts, a new forum opens for the same people, but I have <100 posts but I am still dealing with the same people, would it be right to limit me?

Treat it as advertising your stuff as opposed to a sale, just like ebay is, you choose who you deal with using your judgement, other peoples relations with them etc...

There are some ppl I like but would not trade with, and vice versa....

Where DO you get info like this

I posted on the sunporch for a reason. I wanted lurkers to know that this forum is new to maybe get them to become members. If the spam because of that becomes a problem, I'll delete it, but for now I'm not worried about it.

8th, I know what you're saying...I belong to a forum where they have new people all the time buying or selling things and somehow it seems to always work out. I'm in the process of getting together with the owner of that site to find out how he's able to conduct business like that safely, so hopefully he'll have a few tips on how we can run this forum in a safe and efficient manner.

I think this is a good idea....could this be a place where we could barter/trade differnt kinds of seeds also?

Q

Darlene I can make one suggestion to you.

Sticky a thread at the top of this forum listing each sucessfull trade.

make it clear that it's one post per trade only, no chatting or off topic comments by any one.

This way you can keep a permanent record for all to see on how reliable people actually are.