MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GoatLady

Need prayers

If anyone feels like it I could sure use some prayer . I have been feeling more and more depressed lately, the past few days I couldn't do much but weep.gif

Father,

Many times we can think of reasons where things or situations or circumstances will lay us low. Many times there are no real attributable reasons and yet our hearts and minds lay heavy under the burden of sadness and dispair.

How many times I have come running to You, pouring my heart out, seeking Your peace. How many times have I been willing to trade in my yoke and to take on Yours. Many times there is nothing that I can do to fix things or change things to make everything better, but You in Your infinite love and compassion can reach out, with just one touch, and fill our hearts with Your peace.

Father, I pray that You will touch GL's heart and mind. I pray that You will ease whatever lays heavy there. You know exactly what she needs so we take our friends hand and walk with her to the foot of Your Holy throne, trusting in Your faithfulness and love.

So many times I have wished I could just run into Your arms and feel them close around me, and yet fearing to ask such a thing from a Holy God. Inspite of that fear, You have always, always, always given me Your peace.

I know and trust that You are doing that even now.

We love you.

In Jesus name,

My prayers are with you.

A thought - could you be having postpartum depression? You may want to talk to your doctor.

Take care.

Thank you all, it just seems that everything and everything that could possibly go wrong, is, the family trashes and dirties things about 5 times as fast as I can clean it (children help as they are able but it doesn't make much of a dent), living in a total disaster area of mess and rennovations, everyone screams at us expecting us to travel all over the province practiucally every weekend, dh has to work such long hours and his boss illegaly gives him no time off so I never see him, that is really affecting our marriage, my Dad is calling me every sing day and asks Zack if we've done school yet today (who on earth does he think he is? The homeschool police!!!!) I don't even answer the PHONE anymore! I hadn't been able to shower in over a week but as I get the tub full last night the faucet breaks and we had to turn the hot water off at the source (the faucet wouldn't turn off!!!!) thankfully there was just enough left in the tub to get clean, but I have piles and piles of dishes to do and no hot water, so today I have to call the plumber and spend money we really don't have (well, we HAVE some, but the list of things we need is long and this was a real pain to have to divert funds to!) to fix it, I could go on and on and on and on but that's not very uplifting is it?! Sigh. Thank you all for the prayers

Oh BOY! Do I remember THAT! (((((((Amanda)))))))

This too shall pass.

thhugdfrommetouanimals-2.gif and sendingupprayers.gif .

Sometimes it seems that everything is wrong, but my mom told me that it isn't so bad but what it could get worse.

I'm sendingupprayers.gif that all will turn around for you soon. I know that sometimes it is really rough and you wonder if it could get worse. Kids can be trying for sure and so can parents. Please know that we are all here for you. thhugdfrommetouanimals-2.gif

OH, GL, I'm right there with you. Just yesterday I was standing in the shower, praying for strength. Not praying that anything would change or go away, just that I would have the strength to deal with the challenges that are coming my way.

I pray for you, too, to have that strength, both the strength to deal with the sometimes overwhelming challgnes of being a mother to young kidlets, the manager of your home, a teacher, and a wife to your husband, but also the strength to come here, or call a friend, and lay down your burdens for us to share.

I cannot tell you how many times I have vented here. I usually preface those posts with "I need to vent, just pat me on the hand and say it will be OK, dear." And that's just what I get. Being so closed in at home, esp with homeschooling, leads to isolation, and it makes things seem that much worse when we don't get out for a change, or have someone to vent to.

Don't feel guilty about not answering the phone. And, when you can, tell your dad that it's none of his business when and if school gets done. Learning occurs outside the bounds of formal instruction, that's the entire point of homeschooling. When your kids are in the kitchen cooking with you, they are learning math and science. When they're cleaning, they're learning chemistry and health. When they are out taking a walk, they are learning about nature, or road construction, or architecture, or any of the thousands of things you can be learning about while your'e not really "learning." So unless you're all laying abed taking a lazy day (which is OK, too), you're doing school. And if you are taking more than one lazy day, call it your winter break.

And maybe a check up at the doc isn't out of line. PPD is a possibility, as mentioned earlier, as is exhaustion or anemia. Moms get so busy doing for the family, they forget to do for themselves.

((((((((((((((((GL)))))))))))))))))))

Mo7

to you all. In most ways it's better, in a couple ways it's worce but I'm hangin in there blush.gif

Quote:
And, when you can, tell your dad that it's none of his business when and if school gets done. Learning occurs outside the bounds of formal instruction, that's the entire point of homeschooling.

More diplomaticly, you could tell your Dad "I am using some fun activities to teach Zach, and I do NOT point out to Zach that those are 'school.' When we read together, of couse it's school, but to him, it's just reading with Mommy. If you ask if he's done any school that day, he might say 'no.' That doesn't mean that we haven't, but that we did something fun. So it'd probably be better if you didn't ask."

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.