MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pa & ma steel

thanks for the prayers for my Mom

Thanks for all the prayers. Mom is now doing fine. We had to move her into a nursing/rehab home from the hospital. I found she has not been able to even get out of bed for 3 weeks before Dad called an ambulance which then got her to a hospital. She was having trouble breathing and had a grey color when sister arrived and had him call the ambulance. Mom had a bad reaction to her meds which caused excess fluid to build up in her abdominal cavity. They went in and drained the fluid 1 1/2 gal. They said that was about half of what was there but were afraid to take more off at the time. Seems it can cause her kidneys to shut down. The excess fluid was causing her to start have all of her internal parts to have problems. Well the rehab center told them that she should be back on her feet in about 3 weeks and would be able to go home. I do not think this would have been such a good ending without all the prayers.

I'm so glad things are working out. God always answers prayers. Though sometimes they aren't the way we expect or want them answered. thhugdfrommetouanimals-2.gif

Quote:
I found she has not been able to even get out of bed for 3 weeks before Dad called an ambulance which then got her to a hospital. She was having trouble breathing and had a grey color when sister arrived and had him call the ambulance.

This concerns me. Was your dad unable to recognize your mother's illness? Have you and your siblings developed a plan for checking on them?

Yes youngest sister has now moved in with them. She will be able to take care of mom and dad. I live 100 miles away and will go down on wed and saturday my days off from work to give sis a break.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.