MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Squoosh the bugs! (Issues with the update)

TheCG

This thread is for posting minor issues with the new forums. If it's something major, you may want to make it a topic all by itself so it's gets noticed quicker.

I found a minor thing. I randomly tried to enter in my Yahoo IM and AOL IM names under my profile. It refuses to enter in the Yahoo one (both when I tried to do it by itself and when I tried to enter it at the same time as the AOL one). It just doesn't show up. When I enter in the AOL IM name, it keeps insisting that I should have the same name for MSN IM, which I don't use.

Don't know if this is where I should post this. Site has been really slow tonight. Has 'froze' up quite a bit. Thought maybe it was just my computer or internet connection, but noticed on another thread that a couple others were having the same problem. Sometimes I get the 'This page cannot be found' message and then sometimes I get this:

DID NOT SHOW UP CORRECTLY AT ALL. <-----THIS IS WHY I EDITED.

(I hope this shows up correctly.) It's like the page only half loads. ???

I'm hoping this is just a temporary little glitch? Like maybe somebody's playing with buttons tonight? grin

Just thought I'd post it in case it is something to let ya'll know.

Hi Necie! Thanks for the heads up. I've been on and off throughout the evening, and haven't noticed anything myself, but I'll check into it. smile

Hugs!

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this is the place but....having issues... took 4 attempts with correct user name and password to log on and after 4 attempts it would not allow me to log off. Continuous page cannot be found responses. HELP!!!!!!

and says i am off line.

• 1 year later...

Explorer 7 doesn't seem to like the site very much-at least not when it comes to opening up topics in Tabs------------it just keeps going, and going, and going...........................

and never actually opens up. I usually have to close and re-open the main page. (BTW-I am using Windows XP)

• 2 months later...

Dunno if the new board is not dialup friendly, or if it is my computer, or what...but it is maddenly slow for me.

Each action (viewing threads or anything else, replying to posts, etc.) is taking about ten times longer than ever before...I'm not having this problem on other boards, though.

Are any others experiencing this?

BTW, Purty beautimous new board!!!! Thanks to MM and Darlene for everything!

Thanks Michael! Hmmm, I wonder if it's because I'm riding an old horse of a computer (2003 Windows XP, on Microsoft's Service Pack ONE). I've been having a devil of a time upgrading that. ppbbbbtttt!

Well, I'm glad dialup is not the problem...'cause I can't do a thing about that! A newer system is doable, (eventually).

as you can tell my avatar is WAY TO BIG ?

but I went andchanged it to a differant one (smaller) but it is still the big one?

what am I not doing to get itright?

it shows the smaller one in my control area?

Help MM

:Michael1:

i see the small one. Your cache may need to be refreshed.

Somebody got hungry??? scratchhead.gif

Actually, MountainMommy explained in her thread "stickied" on the Sunporch that there are still glitches with the avatars, so she turned them off for now.

She's busy in her "real life", too, so we'll be patient.

grouphugg.gif

Thanks Cat, but I didn't see any stickies...I am having trouble understanding how to read these boards.

Thanks Cat, but I didn't see any stickies...I am having trouble understanding how to read these boards.

I know, it's the same for all of us!! :blink: Ask and we'll all try to help each other!

Here's the post (In "Important Topics" box above the "Forum Topics" once you open the Sunporch)

Guide to new forums (with updates)

;)

Archived