MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Maree and Jon - to say "I do"

SueC

I looked at the icons and none really fit.

Maree and Jon are getting married on the 31st March. Maree who is just 21, has terminal Rhabdomyosarcoma cancer that has spread to her bones. She is so weak that they need to bring the wedding forward to March while she can still walk.

My 2nd DD is to be her bridesmaid. She has run with the idea that this couple deserve a dream wedding. So she rang the paper where Jon and Maree normally live. They got on the case and within hours had a donation of the city Bush Chapel, a catered wedding reception at a local club and a wedding cake from a local bakery. Others that know her are arranging a photographer and flowers.

Please pray that the rest of the wedding will fall into place, that Maree will be strong enough to enjoy the day, and for a miracle to happen in her body. She has been remarkably strong in her faith through this whole time and still says she will be healed.

Sue

That's a wonderful thing for all these folks to pitch in and do! Hug your dd for getting this started!

We will certainly pray for the couple to have a glorious day and also for a miracle of healing for Maree.

i will pray that they have a wonderful wedding and that everything will fall into palce and that she will be held. thats exciting the 31st is my husbands birthday. tell her congraulations and that we will be praying.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - God is so good! The whole wedding has been given to them, they have a stretch limo, the suits and dresses supplied, flowers, decorations, church, Bridesmaid's flight from Cairns, guest book, video man, cake, if you can think of it, it has been given to them. On top of that a local businessman has given them $5000 to help them get started! the wedding is tomorrow. I hope to get a photo, and then hope to put it here for you all. Thanks for all your prayers. They have had to move the service venue, as there was a concern that being outside could cause problems if Maree got mossie bites. But even that has just worked out. The bridesmaids only tried on their dresses today, perfect. So apart from my DD being rather stressed, it is all great.

Sue

think.gif

*MOSSIE* bites???? dunno.gif

I'm guessing mosquitoes??? bigbug.gif

2.gif Australia... chooks, mossies... nosearch.gif

wink.gif Yup, I learned "chook" means chicken LAST week...

I'm so happy for them. May God work a wonderful miracle in their lives... in His perfect will.

bighug

As you can see from the pictures, the couple were very happy, the day went well, and Maree surprised everyone by being able to stay until 8.30pm, she had the strength to cope. Thank you all for your prayers – they still have a long road to travel.

The second picture is of my daughter Elizabeth; she was bridesmaid for Maree yesterday

Sue

428-P1010030.JPG

429-P1010006.JPG

thth30109f94.gif Sue, for sharing these pictures with us.

They do make a nice looking couple. smile The dress is so pretty too.

Both of your daughters are very pretty. smile

You have so much to be happy and thankful for. smileth6dee1705-2.gif

Snowmom,

The bridesmaid is my daughter, the other lass is a friend from school days.

Apparently the reason they decided to get married in a rush was because the doctors have said that Maree might last 12 months but she will probably die sooner than that. I am so proud of my daughter - she just got in and organised things for this young couple, even though she didn't have a cent to pay for phone calls or anything else. The whole wedding was organised from 1300 kms away, while the bride was still in another city hospital having radiation treatment for the cancer in the bones. they cant treat the other cancers ...

Sue

Archived