MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Missing Icons

WormGuy

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coffee2 I don't know if anyone else has this affect in their computer [i'm a Mac] but if so, you might find this helpful:

In my 'puter system, it won't work to 'cut & paste' smilies. But once they are in the 'smilies box' , it will show me the "formula". [--- I know that isn't the geek word for it but I mean "colon laughkick colon = laughkick ---] Once I know this formula, I can type it in wherever I want to use it, including the Shout Box and Quick Reply.

So I'm currently recording the "formulas" for all my favorites that may be in danger of being pruned. I find typing them in actually just as easy as opening the box to click, so prune away Darlene. Just give me a day or two so I can get them recorded. I know we could wish to have a gazillion of them in the box but s'pose we have to stop somewhere. They are just so much fun! sassing

Another tip: sometimes you can keep guessing on the formula until you find it. I liked our other praying guy better so I kept trying till I guessed the right formula [testing it in 'Reply --Preveiw Post'] instead of searching thru past posts. [colon praying colon]

So MM, could we still bother you to tell us a "formula" even if there is a similar smilie already captured in the box? [i'd put Please-With-Cherry-On-Top but I can't find the formula yet.... laugh ]

thanks MM & Darlene

MtRider

If someone wants to compile a list, that would be great. smile Just don't have the time myself right now. Swamped with family stuff.

OK don't know it you can do this but any chance we could have 2 smilie buttons?

like smilie 1 for of all the ones people use a lot and then another one (smilie 2 )for the ones that don't get used every day but are used every now and then?

may have to list it as something else on the buttons?

Just me thinking instead of cleaning the office. smile

No, Michael, I'm sorry. That would require altering the coding of the program, and I'm not a programmer. And doing so might void our customer service agreement. Good suggestion, though.

Originally Posted By: MountainMommy
If someone wants to compile a list, that would be great. smile Just don't have the time myself right now. Swamped with family stuff.

I've got about a fourth of them noted for myself so far. I draw a sketch of what the smilie is doing and record the "formula". If anyone wants to ask me for a particular one, I'll gladly share but most of you probably can just copy/paste any favorites anyway. Most of them will still be in the box. I think Darlene is just talking about duplicates that give the same message.

Any of the old ones that aren't yet in the smilie box, I can't do anything with them. The "formula" won't show for me and it will not copy. With what we have found of the old ones already, I don't think I'll feel deprived! laughkick

MtRider

Cat, are you saying to put them all in a photobucket album??? You know, that might work out great, and then we would all have to have the password for it. smileth6dee1705-2.gif

MtRider, if you right click on the smile, then go to properties, then copy and paste the url then put after, it should come out for you. smile

See, I'm learning things about computers too. smilewinkth6dee1705-2.gif

((((((Snowmom))))))) bounce :jumping2: bounce

It did it! It worked!

Well, not exactly cuz I had to translate into "Mac" but you gave me a missing piece, Snowmom.

....so for Mac users (anyone out there as non-computer savy as me???) :

1) Unless someone can tell me how -- the Copy/Paste function only produces a blank space. See: [ ]

2) But the Mac-specific "drag" function will drop a long string of 'whatsit' onto your post. [ I use the Apple key to bring up a second screen and drag the smilie from one to the other.] Like this -- http://sheknows.com/graphics/emoticons/stars.gif

(that's Cat's star-throwing guy)

3) THEN add the step I was missing: Type the before and after.

a>  <-- (with no spaces or arrows!)

and loook ----> stars.gif

This will work GREAT for any that I don't have the formula for....but Type-In-The-Formula technique is faster for me for anything else. Even works in Quick Reply and saves me having to sloooow load more pages. 'Course the find-&-click NORMAL technique of the smilies box works for me just fine. This is for thinking ....ahem....Outside the Box. curtsey

Adaptability -- Between having a Mac, having slowww dial-up, and not being very computer savy.....I gotta make up for it with Creative Adaptability. laughkick

Would you believe that in order to post a pic....I take it from my iPhoto program into my email [for resize]; then "drag" onto the desktop. From there I can "Select" it into my MrsS post. Hey...it works. That's how I got my avatar in place.

But maybe there are those out there not posting but having the same problem and can do it my doofy way??? Or maybe it's just me??? happy02

Darlene, there are some old ones still out there but I can't remember any right now. But with this technique, I can access them. Thanks!

MtRider >

afternoonbirdfeeder.jpg MM, just wondering about a couple more smilies. smile I know that you need time, or Darlene needs time, but there have been people asking for something like these: DUH3.gifDUH2.gif

I thought this one would be cute too. smileSHOPPINGCARTLITTLE.gif

thth30109f94.gif for all you do here. smilethhugdfrommetouanimals-2.gif

Ok, I'm gonna be MM's imposter while she's busy taking care of the important things in her life.

The shopping cart one is adorable snowmom, but I need to go over them all and get them organized. The leaner the machine, the bigger we can build it.

Get it?

darlene

PoGo, you are soooo cute. smile I don't have any idea who they are, but here are a couple guys weeding. smileth_IMG_0108.jpg

How about this one, SueC? HAVEANICEDAYSUN.gif

I'm trying to think of the one you are taking about, if I can remember it, I'll go looking for it. smileth6dee1705-2.gif

Archived