MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for dinner???

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lasagna last night, stir fry tonight. (Got a good buy on veg)

Dh has Boyz Club and the kids have sports from 515-645. So this is my night to pack the lunch box with juice, PNB&J sandwiches, carrot sticks, etc. No help for you here, huh? wink

Okay, here's some ideas for meals I make when I haven't planned ahead: Spaghetti, Chili, Baked potato, Chili with baked potato, Soup Salad & Bread/Rolls, Homemade Pizza. HTH!

i am still thinking about it. i was late for work this morning, and so i didnt get a changce to open my feezer and oull anything out, but i currently have ribs thawing. i am not sure for how long to cook them, or how to cook them, as i have only ever used bbq sauce for such things. i dont have any. i shall have to run to the store i guess. i did expiriment yesterday with a soup, and it was awsome!! next time you make pork soup, try adding caraway seed, garlic jelly and a stir fry sauce.

lol zinger! *sigh* and I wasnt invited!

Thats ok . opted for omlets ... very quickly made omlets

I really should plan better. I didnt even realize it was Wednesday with DH down real sick and home from work! Who can blame me?

SueC, could you add the recipe for that chicken??? Please. th6dee1705-2.gif

I need ideas, as I have been having problems eating much meat at all. Just a few bites and that is all that will go down. frown

I fixed chicken in the oven last night, I made a white sauce and added some Velveeta Cheese to it and some garlic and onion and a bit of rubbed sage. I thought I would do a varation of Darlene's recipe. smile It wasn't bad, but I could only eat a small amount. Old Pine is having the rest of mine for lunch. smile

We are having pork chops tonight so will have a baked potato and a veggie and salad with this. smile

I have half of a third of a brisket (get that? LOL. I cut the brisket in thirds and each third makes at least two meals, have half of one of those thirds in the fridge) so will put it with cream of mushroom soup in the cp and serve with mashed potatoes and two veggies. Any leftovers will go in the freezer for DH's lunches, unless it's alot, in which case I will make stroganoff with it for Sat night.

Mo7

my fry sauce is real easy i put eqaul amounts of miracle whip and ketchup in a container then add in a couple of squirts of honet mustard or dijon mustard stir together pull out the portion for dh and add a couple of drops of tabasco to it for him , for a variation i use ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard i don't measure just pour/glop it in the bowl till it looks good

My DD is home for the weekend (its been nearly 2 years), so roast pork and she really wants deep fried/roast veges. might do them that way, but it is so unhealthy frown

Sue

Honey roasted chicken breast, baked potato w/chives, green beans, carrots, corn bread for those who want it.

Archived