MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for dinner???

My DH got me this nifty gadget...a NuWave infrared counter oven. banana So far, it gets a solid frozen whole chicken out of the freezer, cooked, and onto the supper table in 70 minutes. Coming home from a road trip, it's a great way to get a meal on the table in a jiffy. bouquet Plus the fat drips away into the bottom pan; good for my diet. Things like frozen fish sticks are done in 20 min.; about the same as the micro; except I HATE microwaved food. eek So tonight we are having a slab of Salmon with roast potatoes/veggies in the little oven. Yummmmmmmm. cheer

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: pauline
my fry sauce is real easy i put eqaul amounts of miracle whip and ketchup in a container then add in a couple of squirts of honet mustard or dijon mustard stir together pull out the portion for dh and add a couple of drops of tabasco to it for him , for a variation i use ranch dressing, ketchup, mustard i don't measure just pour/glop it in the bowl till it looks good

Thanks - that sounds good!

Mo7, can you share your recipe for cheeseburger pie? PLEASE! (Note to self, let MM know that we're still missing the 'pretty please' emoticon.)

I make a spaghetti pie and a taco pie, but not a cheeseburger pie. TIA!

Cheeseburger Pie

Brown ground beef with whatever "flavorings" you want in it-I throw in either a little mustard or BBQ (not too much, you don't want it saucy).

I use two lbs of ground beef for two 9x13 pans. If you don't need that much, half the recipe (and everything which follows).

Preheat oven to 400.

Grease pans. Put in hamburger, then enough shredded cheese to cover.

Mix together:

2 cups bisquick

4 cups milk

8 eggs

Pour half of this mixture into each pan over beef and cheese.

You can also add stuff before the bisquick mixture including sliced tomatoes, or avocado, or bacon, or a bit of chili, etc., depending on what you like on your burgers.

Bake 25 minutes.

There are MAYBE enough leftovers, out of those two pans, for one lunch for DH and a lunch for the littles and I (read Roan and I, since Aria doesn't eat yet). This is everyone's favorite. You can do it easier by mixing the bisquick recipe ahead of time and putting it in the fridge, and using tater tots or frozen fries instead of doing potatoes from scratch.

I also use home made bisquick. We made three batches this AM.

Mo7

I'm eating grilled cheese right now.

Dinner...I could pull out some pork chops and cook them in my cast iron skillet...or brown them in the skillet, then dump 'em in a square pan and put tomatoes or something over them.

Thanks Mo7. That sounds good, but I think I'll wait to make it until I'm done with Weight Watchers. oopsWhatd'ya mean I can't eat for the rest of the week?

Here are my recipes:

Italian Pasta Pie

5 cups cooked macaroni (about 2 cups dry)

3/4 cup cottage cheese

1/2 cup (about 2 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese

4 beaten eggs

1 cup spaghetti sauce*

1/2 cup (about 3 oz) browned, crumbled ground beef

small can mushrooms

Mix all ingredients together and spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 375*F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes, or until egg is set.

*see back

If spaghetti sauce is unavailable, combine and heat through:

8 oz tomato sauce

1/3 cup water

2-4 cloves garlic, pressed

1/4 tsp basil

1/4 tsp oregano

Allow to simmer slowly while the noodles are cooking.

And

Taco Pie

4 cups cooked spaghetti noodles

1/2 cup cottage cheese

3/4 cup (about 3 oz) shredded cheddar cheese

4 beaten eggs

1 cup salsa

1/2 cup (about 3 oz) browned, crumbled taco-seasoned ground beef

Optional: 14 oz can corn

Mix all ingredients together and spoon into a 2-quart casserole. Cover and bake at 375*F for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes, or until egg is set.

michael the nice and easy is homemade and canned spaghetti sauce open and dump over the noodles and ground meat of choice i wouldn't think of shampoo in the kitchen but i guess if you are hungry enough you will eat anything smile

Those recipes sound great. I just made up about 80 beef bean and cheese burritos and some 30-40 chicken and rice fakey fajitas for my freezer for those days where you just really dont wanna cook. Pop out of freezer let thaw for a few minutes till they come appart pop in micro.. and voila!

DD worked overtime again last night and just wanted some comfort food. We had breakfast - grits and eggs; bacon; orange sections...

cough unfortunately, I'm battling off a cold. Someone suggested Won Ton Soup or Egg Drop Soup. I've heard if you doctor it more with hot sauce or garlic that helps.

So, a little chinese is in order tonight... smile

Peking duck? whistle.gif

Duck L'Orange? whistle.gif

GLAZED SMOKED DUCK WITH CANDIED KUMQUATS

Archived