MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Today...

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I was driving around and *thinking* about different things. Physically I feel so-so, mentally I'm stressed and emotionally I felt like I was gonna fall apart.

I dunno why either, but when I got home I called my dad and talked with him a while. I will always be in awe of the man he is, but the point is, when I got off the phone, mentally and emotionally I felt much better.

I think we need a forum to discuss these issues. They definitely play a huge part in the journey we're on in life.

*smile*

------------------

d5.jpg

Guest Guest

I have it on good authority that the sun rises and sets on Daddy's little girl.

Priceless treasures, such as love, also allow older sisters to appreciate their younger sisters, just as they are. wink.gif

------------------

homest.jpg

Guest Guest

Darlene, you are so right. Most everyone here know the hell I've been through the last few years. Things are getting better. Through prayer, I've been able to grow stronger emotionally. If the final outcome is that I find peace, I will be tickled. You are blessed that you still have your Dad at the other end of the phone. I have to drive to Ann Arbor to the cemetary to talk to my dad. It does help. But, it still doesn't make the problems go away. I always end up coming back to prayer and trying to find the peace. Even if it's just reading or walking, I have to see the joy in the leaf or the fly or the nest or the fox. I've had to train myself to see the good, at least one good thing, in everything. Even the problem makers. I just tell myself that God made that person and God loves them. So, I have to love that person as a creature of God. It certainly doesn't mean I have to be in love with that person or like what that person is doing... but I do have to love that creature that God made. And many times I often think...He IS a creature.. and a stinky one too. LOL Enough of my rambling. Just look for the peace. Watch a candle flicker. Feel the wind in your hair. Smell a flower. Pet your pet. Sit down and take a load off. Feel better.

------------------

Pray for Peace

lcm.jpg

Hey girlfriend chicadita,

I'm so glad you spoke to your Dad, when thinks seem so *frayed*, isn't nice to find that one sensible ,stable thing to hold onto?

I know things are rough in your life right now, okay borderline purgetory. wink.gif

I'm just glad your coming out here and touching your friend's shoulders for support.

TALK chica, say anything... even if you think it sounds silly.Sharing a problem halves it. Remember, you are much beloved, in strength and when you need strength. Don't deny us the joy of helping you back, okay?

warm hugs from the typo-queen,

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Hey chicas,Have you ever read the disiterada?

"You are a child of the universe,no less then the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. and whether it is clear to you or not, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should."

Another line I think you need is,"with all it's sham, drugery and broken dreams,it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy."

When was the last time you walked the beach Darlene? Hung out in Kennedy park and watched people through frisbees for doofus doggies? Sat and sipped cafe con leche at cocowalk and people-watched? (okay, it IS 90+ degrees but you get the idea.)

I know everything *feels* like it's hanging on by a thread. Well, I want you to imagine that thread is tensile steel and unbreakable *smile*. No beating yourself up for being emotionally distressed. Last time I checked you were pretty mortal and human like us and subject to the same foibles and flaws.

The key thing is forgiving each other and ourselves and continuing on. Picking up the pieces and striving for if not total happiness, then at least balance and moments of joy. Got that missy?

Okay, back off my soapbox, sliding out for someone else to step up on.

Cookie

------------------

cookiejar.jpg

Guest Guest

Last weekend I broke out and decided I just had to get away...

So I hopped in my car and headed for the Keys...no place in particular, I just wanted to go and get away...

5 hours later I felt relaxed and peaceful like I haven't in a while. While I don't understand it, I do know that pushing myself out that door and just *going* really really helps sometimes.

------------------

d5.jpg