MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need to talk about it.

You think you have problems and then you hear of someone who is worse off than you are.

Our oldest son has been without a job since the end of May and has been trying to find work, no luck so far. His wife asked for a divorce in Jan. or Feb. and so he is not only out of a job, but left his home, he let her keep the house. He was in an apartment, but has no money for that anymore, so is going to go stay with a friend.

To top that off, his only sister won't even talk to him. She is just a couple hours from him so this would be someplace for him to go if she were talking to him.

I just talked to him this morning and he is so down and depressed, he said the kids would be better off without him. He has life insurance and they would get that. I said no, they wouldn't get it not if he did what he was thinking about. We need him too, after all, he is our son and we love him no matter what.

We have asked him to come home and he could stay with us. But he needs a job that pays more than anything around here. Well, I told him that at least it would be a start. But, then there are the kids to think about. He wouldn't be around them as that would put him 2,000 miles away from them. But, if he were here and got a job, we are sure he could, he would at least be able to talk to the kids, and they would know he loves them. He is just about at his end.

I have asked him to see a dr. or go talk to a minister, but with no insurance, he won't go to the dr. I just hope he will try to see a minister now.

He knows he will be welcome home and we have told him the door is open to him. He is worried about the kids and about a job. He is so down and I don't know just how much more he can take without losing it.

I have been living with this and just didn't know what to say, but today I just feel the need to say all of this. I have had this stress plus more on me and I just had to say something. I try to keep up a good front, but I am afraid the day will come when I can't do it any more, I am only so strong.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Oh Snowmom, I'm so sorry for your troubles. I wish I had some answers for you but I don't. I just know our childrens hurts hurt us so much. We feel and are so helpless. How simple were the days when they were little and scraped a knee and a hug and kiss could make it better. Please know you're in all our prayers. {{{{{(Snowmom}}}}

------------------

dee.jpg

Praying for your son and you.

It is tough when they are grown up and you watch and feel the pain right along with them. The fear for them is constant.

God be with you.

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

Oh Snow....I wish there were some special words i could utter that would make your stress and worry go away! I'm so sorry!

I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to share this with us.

My brother has been without a job for years....and we took him in......similar and long story.

I don't have any answers....just knowing you are not alone might help...and knowing we are praying for you and your family hopefully will help too!

Great Big Hugs!

xxoo

deb

((((((Snow))))))

Your family and your son are in my prayers.

Depression is an awful enemy!! Your son is blessed to have you as his mama....fighting in places where he is unable to for the time being. He will gain strength as long as there are those in his life that have hope in him!

Bless you for standing in the gap, and keep on talking...we are here for you!!

------------------

eaglew.jpg

[This message has been edited by Ginger (edited September 30, 2002).]

Snow, I'm praying for your family. I hope your son does go home to you for awhile. Sometimes, there's no place like home, and Mom to nurture, and help you through the tough times. Things always look a little brighter when we experience unconditional love.

{{{{{{Snowmom}}}}}} Oh I am so sorry, your heart much just be breaking. Your son is in such a hard situation. I will be praying he finds a job and gets back on his feet soon.

------------------

becca.jpg

Snowmom, I'm so glad that you shared...

I know how it feels to be at the end of a rope. I know how it feels to carry so much for so long and one day waking up not being able to take one more step. I know how it feels to just want to go *Home*...not a earthly home, but Home with Him...

I'm not a Doctor or Minister though, and I dunno any of the answers. I DO know that He is greater than any problem, any situation, any circumstances and certainly greater than even me.

You are not alone and neither is he. By sharing with us, your burden is shared and that many more people are lifting him up before Him, who can do anything.

((((((((Snowmom))))))))

Thank you for trusting us.

------------------

d5.jpg

Snowmom,

This may sound a little crude, but it has always worked for me. Please pass this on to your son, from a person that has thought alot of ending the suffering. Two thoughts always come to my mind that stops me Quick.

The first is the thought of what it will do to the person that finds my body, no matter

how it is done.(Please excuse the bluntness)

However death is not pretty.

But what stops me the most is a BOOMING voice

in my head that tells me that my life is not mine to take. The LORD game me life and

he will take it when the time comes.

There is always a beautiful day after the worse storm and thank God I've seen both.

These times he is in will pass and it make him stronger and appreciate life more.

There is someone out there that needs him and the Lord will direct to that person.

Pardon me for being preachey, I just know where he's coming from.

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler

Thought I would give you an update.

We talked to our son last night. He sounds much better than he did when we had talked before. He said he feels better, and the stress isn't so bad. He hadn't wanted to eat even but just did so because he knew he needed to. Now, he said his appetite is back. smile.gif

He is staying with friends now. He was called out to help with the situation in LA. due to the hurricane. He was gone for 2 or 3 days and then had guards. He is in the Army National Guards.

Our son is 36, he has 4 kids, 13, 10, 7 and 3 years old.

He has always been able to provide for his family. Though some times it had been rough. He was in the Air Force and then got out. Now, of course, he wishes he had stayed, as he would be just about ready to retire. frown.gif

I know what you mean, about a beautiful day after the storm. smile.gif It seems that a person can be so down, and then something takes place and you are up again.

Tuesday he and soon to be x will be seeing the lawyers to set up the final date for court so this divorce can be over. Please pray that things will go well for him.

He still hasn't found a job, but has a phone call to make on Monday about one and another one he had checked on. This is at least 5 or 6 he has looked into in the past week or two.

Thank you so much for praying for him and the rest of us.

Again, I don't know what I would do without all of you here.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Hi SnowMom! Thank you soooo much for sharing! I will be praying for you and all of your house...including the relationship between your kids.

One day I will sit down and write my testimony for you all. It's sure to bless you, not because of anything I have done, but because of God's grace and love towards us! He receives ALL the glory and honor and praise. My husband is alive and well because of Him. While we were missionaries in Mexico, he actually had a knife in his hand ready to end his life. I was afraid for my and our baby daughter's life as well, since he kept saying he didn't want to go alone. I tell you this not just to tell you another sob story but to shout it out on the rooftops: LOOK WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE!!! It brings tears to my eyes every time I think of what we went through. But it brings unspeakable joy to see where we are now. All because of the prayers of the saints.

Keep looking up, Snow, and you will see the deliverance of the Lord. We did. And now my husband is a great father and husband, and the Lord has blessed us with a beautiful relationship as a family. Even though we can't be together right now (he's studying in Duluth), we know that the Lord is with us, and has proven himself faithful, over, and over, and over again.

My prayers will be with you as one that has gone through the fire. May the Lord grant you the grace and strength to be there for your son. May he give you the words of wisdom to comfort and guide him, and a love that knows no boundries. And may He give to you over and above what you have given us...time, sympathy, love, compassion, and arms around us that, although we can't see, we feel around us with every word you write.

Thanks for giving so much of yourself in the mist of your pain. I know that the Lord will bless you abundantly for that, and will give you more to give away.

Now give yourself a hug from all of us, and know that you are loved and cared for very much!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi SnowMom! I re read this post and wanted to ask how your son is doing? Hope things are looking up!(((((SnowMom))))) smile.gif

------------------

Thank all of you for asking and being here.

I have not talked to our son for over a week now, so am not sure what he is doing. He did say something about having a couple jobs that he was going to look into. So I hope one of them turned out for him.

If we don't forget, we will call him or the friend where he is staying tonight and see how he is doing and I will let you know tomorrow.

Thanks again.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

That's good news, SnowMom! I'm glad that your son is at least trying to get a job...it's when people feel worthless and don't want to do anything that it's a problem...we'll keep praying and trusting!

------------------

Talked to our son last night and he has been getting a few hours in these last couple weeks doing a job that is NOT a steady job. But at least he put in a few hours.

He is still thinking about coming on up here, but also may be able to get an 'Off Shore' type job. Needs to talk to the boss or whoever again. If he does come home, it will be at least another week or two before he comes.

Again thanks so much for just being here. smile.gif You know I love ya all.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Snowmom, I wish your son the best of luck.

Being in Texas which is the oil capital.

I know alot about the Offshore work. It's great money, but hard on the family life.

However,quality time with money sometimes out weighs alot of time without money.

Also there is a pride and selfasteem that goes with a good job.

------------------

Always Seek&Follow the Light.....Wheeler