MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Need to talk about it.

Gald to hear that your son got at least a temporary job. If he is separated and divorcing his wife, it might be a good idea for him to come "home" and regroup. My DH and I had to do that (not the divorce part, though, just separated) and it did a world of good for us...individually, as a couple, and as parents. I trust the Lord's best for your DS, and a lot of strength and grace for you, SnowMom. You know we love you, too smile.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Snow I m so sorry to hear what you and your family have been going through. I am especially sorry that your DS is going through such difficult times.

I have started this and erased it many times now. Having been in ministry and now that I am a pastor, I have many thoughts going through my mind and many things I would like to say, but are they of use to you and your family? What really could I say to comfort you and be of assistance here?

There really is nothing I can do or say. But I do know a Man who can do anything. There is no limit to what he can do for you. He can open doors where there are no doors. He has done that for me many times and can and will do the same for your DS.

It is my prayer that your DS will start to move forward in a big and positive way. That God will open doors for him, where there are no doors. That God will open the flood gates of his finances so he can support his kids, himself and God will shine like a beacon in the midst of the most powerful storm.

I sense that when God see's your DS through all of this that he will discover some things and a job that will even amaze him and God's love and glory will shine right through it all.

Keep looking up, keep praying and keep giving your DS to God for when we let go and give our burdens to God, God takes them and does things we would never have thought of. God says to praise him in the midst of our troubles. There is power in praise.

Satin meant it for evil but God used it for good. If Satin can't steal your joy, he can't keep your goods. Think about that and what it all means to you, your family and your DS.

Hold onto your hat, fasten your seat belt, because I feel the hand of God on your Son and he is about to move him swiftly to where he (God) is leading him and calling him to be. You will be amazed at what God is about to do in your Son's life. Praise God!

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

Again I say thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

I am in hopes our son will be in touch with us again soon. Like I said, if he comes home it won't be for another week or two.

I know that God is taking care of him so I have left it up to Him. God knows who, what, where and why, even though we sometimes, most of the time don't really understand. We just have to leave it up to God to do what He will with our son.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard from our son since I posted last. Will have to call his friend to see if there is anything new.

Thanks again everyone for prayers and thoughts.

Reci, I know what you mean, there are times when the posts don't post. Also, I sometimes just don't know what to say to someone, so don't try to post, just pray for them. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

So right Reci. smile.gif

I have news to tell this morning.

We talked to our son last night and if he doesn't change his mind, he will be starting this way sometime a week from today. He should be home either late Sat. or early Sunday. smile.gif

I know this has been a very hard decision to make. He is leaving his children behind and won't be able to see them again until next Summer. But, he will be able to have them up here for the 4-6 weeks at that time.

Now, we just have to pray that he will be able to get a job right away. I will thank you in advance for the prayers for this.

I don't know what I would do without all of you here, you are all so supportive.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Snow I am so happy that your son will be with you soon. Divorce is never pleasant and top it off with having to leave his children behind and being unemployed has got to be so very, very hard on your son right now. I'll continue to hold your son in my thoughts and prayers for things to get better and for him to find a job quicl;y. T.

Glad he is coming home. I know this will be hard for him and the children but he will feel much better about himself and feel like a better Dad when he can provide for them. I will keep him in my prayers Snow!

------------------

becca.jpg

I'll keep praying, SnowMom! And I'll pray for you, too. That the Lord will give you the wisdom and grace that you need while you DS is here. And for his children... *sigh*...I'll just pray.

((((((((((SnowMom)))))))))

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Again, I want to thank you all for prayers and thoughts.

Talked to our son again last night. He had been with his kids and had just taken them home, well to their mom.

Mom and kids are having to move out of the house and into an apartment too, so they are having their problems too. Will stay with friends until the first of Dec. as the apartment won't be ready until then.

Anyway, DS said he is coming home for sure. We talked about different things he could do after getting up here. He sounded better than he did the last time we talked.

So, he will be on the road sometime on Friday and depending on the time he leaves there he will get in here late on Saturday or early on Sunday.

Now, to get things ready for him. Have any others had the problem we are finding. After the kids grew up and moved out, we some how ended up having a lot of stuff added to the space they took up. smile.gif I turned his bedroom, in the basement, into my sewing room. Our DD's room into the computer room and the only other extra bedroom is where we also have some of Kaye's, my nieces, things that we didn't want to put in the basement.

So, we are having to do some quick thinking as to where he is going to sleep. I know he wants his old room back, but, I don't want to give up my sewing room. smile.gif

But, for the first while, I think he will end up being in the other bedroom. In time he may get his old room back.

Hope everyone has a great day.

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Sure will be a shuffle for sure Beb. I didn't mention that we still have some of Old Pine's mom's stuff here too. She lived with us for 10 years before she died. So, we still have all kinds of stuff here.

For right now I think he will sleep in the room with Kaye's stuff and then in time if we are able to rearange things in the Basement the way I will be happy with, then he will get his old room back. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif