MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for dinner (2) ?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight is Beef Roast with Potatoes and carrots. ( I love dinners like this, put them in the oven for a couple of hours and forget about them)

Last night my DH had to work a double shift so dinner was leftover fried chicken and french fries.

Night before, my DH (who is a chef) made fried chicken and I made biscuits and mashed potatoes. If we have fried chicken in our house my DH makes it. It is one of his specialties.

Thursday my husband had his one day off this week so he made grilled bacon cheeseburgers with grilled onions. (I love his days off. Means I don't have to cook)(LOL)

Tonight's supper: beef stew. I'm going to make a quick bread or biscuits to go with. About to throw a fit over the miserable failures my yeast breads and rolls are doing at this altitude.

Lunch is big on Sunday, I'm going to grill some pork, make some simple side dishes.

I'm not sure what we will have.

This morning before it got too hot, I cooked a beef roast and some chicken in the oven, and fried 3 pounds of bacon. All of it waiting in the refrigerator 'til needed.

We'll be having fajitas,tonight. Some beef, some chicken. Salad, iced tea or greek-style frappés, and I think I'll bake some sugar cookies for dessert.

We had grilled bbq porksteaks, augratin potatoes and greenbeans tonight.. Tomorrow is dh's night off this week so I will have to plan a big meal..I just don't know what yet.. Ideas don't come to quickly to me anymore.

Originally Posted By: Buttercup
.I just don't know what yet.. Ideas don't come to quickly to me anymore.

Me too!

I have a list of what I can fix. About an hour before dinner
I'm pacing back and forth wondering which dinner I should fix!

That's why I can't tell you What's for dinner? grin
Because I don't know! rofl

Last night we had Shake-Bake chicken legs, rice with broccoli.

Tonight.....I need to go and pace back and forth in front of
the list. grin

That's why this thread was started. To try to give us ideas for dinner. I know it helps me when my brain is fried...brain_frying_md_wht.gif

• 2 months later...

Cool weather today. Made a crockpot hamburger stew.

Yesterday, it was marinated chicken, broccoli, and rice, finished with a mixed berry crumble.

Last night it was Shake n bake Oven fry pork fritters (YUMMM!) with country gravy, sweet beans, veggies with chipotle dip, and grapes.

Tonight?? I dunno... shrug

Ummm tonight we had chicken fried rice (yes it was out of a box of chicken helper) greenbeans, and salad.. Sometimes it's just too hot! I don't know I think the hogs got most of it. The pizza roll ups that lil chicka and I made for our afternoon snack tasted a whole lot better..

Tonight was cheeseburgers with all the fixins, chipotle dip with veggies sliced to eat, ice cream for dessert for the Monkeys, and water to drink. (and a Leinie's Shandy for me!)

Pan fried oysters [ones we harvested from the sound], green salad, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, [from the garden], a tuna/tofu dip with yellow squash sticks & lightly sauted green beans, [from the garden] with butter & garlic sauce. grin

Oh, the garlic was from the garden also.

Now for tomorrow..I haven't a clue.

Well I am a little embarrassed to admit how lazy this really is... I take a tortilla shell put it on my iron skillet and heat it up a bit.. Then flip it a few times until it's good and hot.. Then I add pizza sauce pepperoni and cheese and roll it all up while it's still hot enough to melt the cheese.. That's it. Fast easy and my little gal loves it.

Archived