MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nana

BUDGET PLANS FOR LONG TERM FOOD STORAGE

Okay! Here I go again... :wacko:

I'm going to attempt to pull a rabbit out of a... no, wait. That's not it. Got it! I'm going to saw Darlene in half... :blink: that's not it, either. :icon19:

Alright, alright! :D

I'm going to try to put a few plans together for long term food storage. We'll use #10 cans & pre-packed plastic buckets in 5 or 6 gallon sizes.

I'll list items according to total cost for each budget. They'll be done for $25.00, $50.00, & $100.00 budget allowances. Each plan will list the online store where these items can be purchased, and the cost of shipping for that $$$ amount. I'll try to find the absolute best buys, with the best shipping costs. A bargain just isn't a bargain if you pay a fortune to have it shipped.

I'm going to stretch this out as far as possible, before it just becomes a matter of repeating a purchase. I'll put as much variety as is available in these plans, and try to have a little fun with it.

As with any other plans I've created, these will be merely suggestions, based on my family's likes and needs. If there is something included that you don't like, don't buy it. Go to the website and find a substitute, or skip it altogether. But, PLEASE! Don't tell me I'm wrong or ask that I change things. I won't.

You may use any suggestion I post, but as always, you are free to make your own choices; nothing is set in stone.

The first 3 plans will be posted tomorrow morning. Just remember, I live on the LEFT coast, my morning may very well be your afternoon.

Good luck!

(EDITED TO ADD - NOTE THAT THESE ARE 2007 PRICES!) Cat

Edited by Cat

wiggle Welcome back Nana,

I'm SO glad you are here again with your wonderfully concise suggestions and lists. They are always extremely helpful for the newbies and even *I* have my pencil sharpened and ready to go. We don't have a garden this year for the first time and being able to order items like this the cheapest way may well be a God sent.

Thank you ahead of time for doing all the planning for us.

((((((( Nana ))))))

bighug

Nana, I am really looking forward to your lists. big thank you for this long, complicated hard work. thanks

Thanks, ladies! Your confidence and encouragement is always heartwarming. :curtsey:

Our first shopping foray will be at EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS @ http://beprepared.com/ Remember; any leftover funds should be put away - just as though it was spent - so that extras may be purchased now and then. This will be your 'kitty'.

$25.00 PLAN (plus $6.00 shipping)

(1) #10 can creamy wheat cereal item #FSG170 5.7 lbs. $7.25

(1) #10 can buttermilk biscuit mix item #FSC250 4.84 lbs. $7.50

(1) #10 can potato slices item #FSV155 2.2 lbs. $5.95

Total = $20.70 Kitty gets $4.30

Total w/shipping = $26.70

$50.00 PLAN (plus $6.00 shipping)

Add the following items to the list above. The shipping will still be a total of $6.00. The price line increase for shipping starts at $60.00.

(1) #10 can ABC soup mix item #FSC145 6.2 lbs. $9.90

(1) #10 can gravy mix w/im. beef flavor #FSC065 4.7 lbs. $12.95

(1) #10 can instant oatmeal #FSG145 3.45 lbs. $6.25

Total = $49.80 Kitty gets .20

Total w/shipping = $55.80

$100.00 PLAN (plus $9.00 shipping)

Add the following items to the lists above;

(1) #10 can whole eggs item #FSD120 3.95 lbs. $16.95

(1) #10 can inst. fat/free milk item #FEM700 4.7 lbs. $16.95

(1) # 10 can apple slices item #FSF110 2.26 lbs. $10.95

Total $94.65 Kitty gets $5.35

Total w/shipping = $103.65

That concludes the first round of shopping. The link above will take you directly to Emergency Essentials website or you may call in your order. The phone number is; 1-800-999-1863

They're very good with shipping and their customer service is excellent. Good luck!

:pc_coffee:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please consider the shipping charges as you would gas for your vehicle when doing a local grocery run. If you create a budget of $50.00 for groceries, you wouldn't fill your tank out of that budget, would you? It's really the same principle. don't you think?

This time we're going to shop at http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/

You may also call them at 1-888-810-3213 ext. 121

They have a fixed shipping charge of $4.49! It doesn't matter how much you order, the shipping charges are they same.

$25.00 plan (plus $4.49 shipping)

(1) #10 can banana chips $7.29

(1)#10 can dehydrated carrots $14.29

Total = $21.58 Kitty gets $3.42

Total w/shipping = $26.07

$50.00 plan (plus $4.49 shipping)

To the list above add the following;

(1) #10 can dehydrated celery $10.99

(1) #10 can dehydrated onion $12.49

Total= $45.06 Kitty gets $4.94

Total w/shipping = $49.55

$100.00 plan (plus $4.49 shipping)

Add these items to the above lists.

(1) #10 can freeze dried peas $12.99

(1) #10 can freeze dried raspberries or strawberries $14.99

(1)#10 can freeze dried corn $12.99

(1) #10 can 9 grain mix $8.99

Total $95.02 Kitty gets $4.98

Total w/shipping $99.51

Another list will be posted very soon. Good luck!

This is awesome Nana. I look forward to your postings. I have my pencil ready also...wait let me load it with paper. There it's ready. Post away Nana!

Thanks nana for getting us thinking. I just placed an order with Honeyville grains. I have done business with them in the past and they are fast. They also take Paypal...when you listed them I remembered I had $35 dollars in my account from some online surveys, etc I had done. Now it's been converted to 1 #10 can of banana chips, 1 #10 can of sweet corn and 1 #10 can of chicken flavored tvp.

Stacy

Originally Posted By: mommato3boys

This is awesome Nana. I look forward to your postings. I have my pencil ready also...wait let me load it with paper. There it's ready. Post away Nana!

You are so old school. We use pens these days. And mine has an auto paper feed tray!

Great post Nana!!! and easier on my budget. Thank you for your time in putting it together!!

thanks Joni

Thanks, everyone! I'll be back later tonight or tomorrow morning with the next installment.

Right now I have to do some prep work for baking 30 single serve desserts- 10 pineapple upside down cakes, 10 peach cobblers & 10 sweet potato pies.

When I get those started, I have to touch up the stain on 2 beds, finish sewing the bedding for 3 beds, & build 4 dining chairs, 2 side chairs and 3 nightstands. :0327:

Fortunately, these are not people size- they are 1:3 & 1:5 scale. I build doll furniture and make all accessories for them. As soon as I get a display finished, I'll post a couple of pics.

After that, I need to cook dinner. If I have any time left, I want to start reading a new book. ;)

No wonder I fall asleep when I sit for more than a couple of minutes! :nail: Gotta run!

Originally Posted By: dogmom4

Thanks nana for getting us thinking. I just placed an order with Honeyville grains. I have done business with them in the past and they are fast. They also take Paypal...when you listed them I remembered I had $35 dollars in my account from some online surveys, etc I had done. Now it's been converted to 1 #10 can of banana chips, 1 #10 can of sweet corn and 1 #10 can of chicken flavored tvp.

Stacy

Chicken Flavored tvp??

:shrug:

Please do post pictures of your furniture. I love doll houses and miniatures.

This thread is super, as usual. You may have been gone a bit but you certainly haven't lost your touch for details. :thumbs:

:bighug2:

Originally Posted By: cookiejar

Chicken Flavored tvp??

:shrug:

:)

...tvp...textured vegetable protein that you can use in place of some chicken dishes...I'm not real big on it but have 2 vegetarian members of the family.

Stacy

Has anyone seen Nana? I've been really enjoying going through these budget plans of hers, but I notice she hasn't been on to update them for a few months. :shrug: Did I just miss something, being new and all?

babysteps

I don't know. Nana hasn't been active since I really started getting active here, I don't think. Her contributions to this site are priceless. Hope she realizes that!

Thank you so much Nana for the great info . . . you are a doll! I appreciate you . . . .

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.