MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What do you love most about working outside at 100 degrees?

Is it the sweat rolling down the backs of your knees or in your eyes that you love most?

Or is it the fact that the flies won't leave you alone?

Maybe it's the pesky rooster who's attitude only gets better as the temps rise?

Could it be the goats that REFUSE to stay on their side of the pasture--even though they are ON the greenest side of the fence?

I whole heartedly admit that I have turned into such a weenie! 4 years ago I worked in our chicken houses 7 days a week hot,cold,rainy,windy, whatever. The eggs had to be gotten up! Now I wait until the latest possible time to go to feed up, trying to let it cool off as much as possible. I need to toughen up!

Originally Posted By: farmgal
Is it the sweat rolling down the backs of your knees or in your eyes that you love most?

Or is it the fact that the flies won't leave you alone?

Yeeeah, it's the sweat rolling down my forehead and onto the rim of my glasses. By then you are sweating so bad that when you go to wipe the glasses so you can see, your shirt is so wet from sweat that all it does is smear it around and you have a foggy mess LOL!!!

Flies....and sweatbees....

DOn't worry, I just keep remembering that in another 4 months we'll be griping about how daggone COLD it is eek LOL!!!!

And besides, however would we appreciate a nice cool shower/bath at the end of the day if we didn't sweat out 15 pounds of fluid a day??? DarleneSwoon

:banana2:

Shawna

ya'll are so silly- you DON'T work outside in 100 degrees- chores get done early morning and late evening and in between it's sitting in front of the fan (no a/c here) doing schoolwork, bookwork or.....puter work throwcomputer

I spent the first 30some years of my life up north where it's the opposite- in Wisconsin you work outside during the summer and hibernate as much as possible in the winter when it's below zero. of course up there you freeze your hiney off whenever you feed (gosh I miss snotcicles....NOT) frozen and here it's at least more comfortable mornings and evenings during the summer.

in Texas you work outside all winter and SIESTA in the summer. bonus is I get to keep my tan all year down here sunning

I actually like the fact that all the toxins you have taken into your body are released through sweat. It's good to sweat hard, you know you are working, and when you are done, jumping into a cold shower, and relaxing after with a frosty beverage gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Originally Posted By: Adam_MA
I actually like the fact that all the toxins you have taken into your body are released through sweat. It's good to sweat hard, you know you are working, and when you are done, jumping into a cold shower, and relaxing after with a frosty beverage gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Well said, Adam! Unfortunately CPS frowns on mothers who relax
'with a frosty beverage' before noon. lol
Originally Posted By: Adam_MA
Originally Posted By: HSmom
Well said, Adam! Unfortunately CPS frowns on mothers who relax
'with a frosty beverage' before noon. lol

It's ALWAYS past noon somewhere in the world! wink

*wow*
my grandparents had a summer cottage on a lake in central Wisconsin and there was a clock on the wall with all number '5's.
I hadn't thought about that in years. that cottage (one lane sand road,hand pump, outhouse, screened porch, WAY back in the woods) was my inspiration for country living
thanks! bouquet

What do you love most about working outside at 100 degrees?

being in the house in air conditioning (or in my case with a fan and spray bottle) sleeping!