MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

MrsS get together - 2008

Darlene

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
happy02 That's just it. He is not too dense and just soft around the edges. Not overripe and I have yet to find any mushy spots. So just ready to stick in the jar and seal up. Working on that now!! whistling SSSSHHHH!!!!!! you have to be very quiet when tracking him to stuff in jar. sofa
Originally Posted By: Nett
happy02 That's just it. He is not too dense and just soft around the edges. Not overripe and I have yet to find any mushy spots. So just ready to stick in the jar and seal up. Working on that now!! whistling SSSSHHHH!!!!!! you have to be very quiet when tracking him to stuff in jar. sofa

Best Wishes praying for you and Him
I will have to let you know a bit later. The quarry is still in site. ashamed But he will not make plans that far in advance. The soonest I will get a definate answer from him is probably July 2008. But I will keep you posted. Especially if he is willing to agree before then. loisshrug Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2.gif Putting it on the list of "THINGS TO DO AT DARLENE'S"...

Go to drive-in movie (one of last 3 remaining in state).

(Think we'd scare 'em???) roflroflrofl

Joan-I'm sure there is train/bus service to Atlanta (which I've heard Darlene say it the largest CITY near her). There may be service to a smaller town nearer to her yet. Then you could get a rental car.

Maybe PM Dar and find out where she is exactly and then start checking out services and prices and go from there.

Oh, and start that change jar anyhow! Ya never know. wink

I have to fly in, no drivin' from the west coast! cheaper to fly for us. then it will be putting my husband in daisy dukes and see if my husband can get us a .... oh wait.. perhaps not! I guess we will be renting a car.

putting my husband in daisy dukes ******* Westie I don't care who you are that is funny!! Now yes me and my three hopeful the him and his one. Westie I want to thank you for the PS solution. I was wondering how to do that but a composition notebook for each with plenty of pencils, crayons and glue will work well for the system surely. I know that last term they allowed a week off for a student to do the same in Las Vegas during the Nascar thing and the child (13yo boy) actually worked with the watering crew. So I do not think the principal will have issues with me and mine.

Hey- if there's a barn-raising, is it going to be like the one in 'Seven Brides for Seven Brothers'? All that choreography and those colorful dresses? Now that sounds like fun to me!! Hahaha!!! (Just don't tell DH- if he knows there's a musical involved, he'll put the brakes on immediately!!! hahaha!!!)

Hi, I lurk here a lot but the idea of meeting some of you guys is really exciting (although intimidating at the same time). Anyway, I'd love to meet you all; Can I bring my travel trailer? Is there a campsite in the area? If there is an apple festival, I should make a reservation now so I have a place to park the camper. What are the names of your local towns? thanks, Anne

Clutterbug, I see the huge travel trailers all over the place here so I'm sure there are campgrounds close by. There is enough property here if you wanted to park here, I just don't have all the frills of electrical and water hookups.

The towns around here are Morganton, Blue Ridge, Blairsville, McCaysville, Ellijay, Mineral Bluff. Blairsville and Ellijay would be the furthest away at about 20 miles each.

I understand that it's scary meeting people for the first time, but I have met so many MrsS members and as adorable as they are here online, they're even MORESO in person. I guarantee that you'll be smacking yourself on the forehead wondering why you were ever nervous about meeting any of us. I sure hope you can come...and the rest of you too!

Archived