MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

bad cookies

goatherder

If you are having trouble accessing the forums, go to the bottom of the page and click on "my cookies". When the page with your cookies comes up, expire them. I was having trouble with getting error messages that the page "couldn't be access" or "wasn't available". After getting rid of my expired cookies, it works fine!

GOOD COOKIES - HERE ARE GOOD COOKIES! These are excellent if you want cookies that stay soft even after they cool. This is from "The Blue Bonnet Margarine Book of Creative Cookery."

Soft Molasses Cookies

1/2 c. margarine, softened

1/2 c. sugar

3/4 c. molasses

1 egg

2 1/2 c. unsifted flour

1 1/2 t ground ginger

1 t ground cinnamon

1/4 t salt

2 t baking soda

1/4 cup water

Cream margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Blend in molasses and egg; beat well.

Combine flour, ginger, cinnamon and salt.

Dissolve baking soda in water. Add flour and baking soda mixture alternately to margarine mixture; blend well after each addition.

Drop by tablespoons onto greased and floured baking sheets. Bake in hot oven (400 degrees) for 10 minutes, or until done.

Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

clap YEAH!

I have been looking and looking and looking for a soft molasses cookie recipe. My great grandmother's molasses cookies stayed soft when they cooled. Every recipe I've tried-as soon as they're cool-HARD AS A ROCK! frown Gonna try this one when we do Christmas cookies this year.

bighug

Archived