MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Convincing your loved ones that the MrsS get-together is a good idea

HSmom

I know I'm not the only one: My dh says all my computer friends are really old men sitting around in their underwear. laugh

When I tell him I want us all to go to GA next year, he's going to roll his eyes and give me 10 reasons why we shouldn't.

So let's share techniques and words to use to explain this to our loved ones.

- - - - - - - -

My Grand Plan is to deveop a cross-country excursion itinerary of all the things we've always wanted to see/show the children. I'll have time and cost roughed out, as well as curriculum for this kids. And, "Oh-by-the-way, since we'll be so close, we could visit Darlene....You know Darlene! She's only the owner of the message board where I spend most of my time, the one where I do the chats...Anyway, a couple of other MrsS members and their husbands will be there around the same time...."

Whatdya think?

And what are your ideas?

I may be old but I don't sit around in my underwear grin

My bride has made it very clear that she does not want to "camp out". Sooooooooo, we will be staying in a hotel. I want to "camp out" but there is no way I can win this one. grin

I like your plan. Does he hunt or fish, play golf? Maybe there will be some of that nearby that he could do.

wormie

John

HS....tell DH that Darlene has called for a mandatory face-to-face inspection meeting of her board people. Folks like you who "do the chats", etc. The reason for this very mandatory inspection is to make absolutely sure that you all are NOT

OLD MEN SITTING AT THE COMPUTER IN YOUR UNDERWEAR!

She has a reputation to uphold, after all!!! yesno

MtRider [i'm just leavin' mine home!] laughkick

Wait a minute...Mt Rider is on to something...

*darlene slaps her platnium blonde forehead*...

HSmom, please tell hubby I am not like him.

DarleneSwoon

ROFL

nononononononooooooooooooooooooooo...don't tell him that, he'll never let you come...

rofl

When I told Glenn about this, I told him it is a "reunion" and he is required to bring along his favorite tools. Anything named DeWalt and nails and screws. Okey dokey, he's willing. Now I just have to convince my Dad to let us beg, borrow or rent his motor home. Since "Glenn is having a family reunion"...thats my story anyway!!!

Originally Posted By: HSmom
I know I'm not the only one: My dh says all my computer friends are really old men sitting around in their underwear. laugh

This is pretty much what my hubby says. He's very leary of "internet people", so he says I'm not going. I don't have much hope of convincing him, though I will try! It wont help to say that Pixie will go with me. smile

~Jo

Okay, being single isn't always a good thing, but since my husband is an ex, I don't have to ask anyone if I can go. Well I do have to check my fiances, see if I can get off work, find someone to watch any animals I have. Find out if my daughter who better be in college then can get off....okay, I guess I am not as free to make my own decisions as I thought.

have your husbands call me! and tell your husbands that yes, I am bringing along my old husband but he doesn't sit around in his underwear either nor does he know how to type! after all these years he is still a one finger one handed typer. If he needs typing done, he asks me to do the typing and he tells me what he wants to say.

Tell your husbands they need to come along and bring a hammer!!!

DH doesn't know about this yet darlene it is going to be a surprise weekend. I just have to get all of the stuff together and find a hotel. He will know something is up if all of the camping equipment is packed. I just have to get the golf clubs in the car without him seeing them. Then I will husbandnap him, a little wine, a benadryl and he will be out sleepy until at least the GA state line rofl

Originally Posted By: Jo

This is pretty much what my hubby says. He's very leary of "internet people", so he says I'm not going. I don't have much hope of convincing him, though I will try! It wont help to say that Pixie will go with me. smile

~Jo

I wound't be surprised if he thought I was the old man in my underwear at the computer....

he really does think I'm nuts. lol Jo, tell him that i have invited you to a birthday getaway! its feesable, since my birthday IS around that time. I am almost 30 you know! DarleneSwoon

Carmen can come too! and sapphire, she would LOVE it!

would it help if i brought pat? he's a black belt, he could protect us from all those underwear weilding old men!

There better be NOBODY wielding underwear!!! 14.gif

*Wearing*, yes... thankub.gif

...but only UNDER... where it BELONGS!!! teehee.gif

- - - - - - - -

Hey! I resemble that remark!

Well, only to presidential candidates...

(1992)

Remember 1992, for example, when then-Governor Clinton was asked whether he wore boxers or briefs in an MTV interview. His answer, boxers, was seemingly hip and timely, coming just as a generation of the mildly disillusioned was ditching the restrictive brief of its repressed childhood for the roomier, earthier boxer.

http://www.solisstyle.com/solishop/article.../articles_id/20

rollingeyes

Archived