MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

HELP... I can't find my brother's banana bread recipe (Pastor Bob's Banana Bread Recipe)

Does anyone have Pastor Bob's Banana Bread Recipe? I can't find my copy of it. And I have no clue how to try to find it on here. I would love it if someone can come up with it. It's the one with the chocolate chips and marachino cherries in it. Thank you so much ahead of time. Gail

Your wish is my command... 3.gif

~~~~~~~~

PASTOR BOB'S BANANA BREAD

logcabinmama

This is my brother's recipe. He's a Methodist Minister...so you KNOW it's good. All church potluck food is good. He adds chocolate chips and maraschino cherries to it. MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm. It melts in your mouth!

1/2 cup butter

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

3 bananas

2 cups flour

1 tsp soda

1/4 cup chocolate chips

about 10 maraschino cherries, quartered

(Add nuts if you like to ruin the recipe)

Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and bananas. Add flour mixed with soda; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips, cherries, and nuts (if desired). Bake for an hour and 15 minutes at 325 F.

*(These are my notations now... I usually add a lot more chocolate chips and maraschino cherries. I like them. Also, I make the loaves in the little loaf pans. I then cut the baking time way down. About in half. You'll just have to watch it. I think they cook through a lot better and that way they're easier to give away too.)

7.gif

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you

Cat, Do you happen to have the beginning part where I wrote about it being in the oven? How it smelled nice or something like that? If you do, would you forward that to me also?

Thank you, Gail

I'm not sure, but I'll try to look for it.

I started copying the recipes long before the site got messed up and posts were changed or lost (and recently recovered in a way).

Because I thought the posts would survive indefinitely at the site, I was just pulling off the recipes and deleting the "chatter". Then I worked on standardizing the recipes (all Tbsp, tsp, lb, etc.).

So some of the posts I have intact with "chatter", and some I don't.

I'll have to look again... give me some time. please

(good to see you again!!)

bighug

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have to try this. I read it & thought M.Cherries yummy but my hubby won't like them. Then I realized he doesn't like Banana's or banana bread. I make it at Christmas or Thanks giving just for me, so if I want to put cherries or chocolate or anything else I like into it I can, b/c he wouldn't eat it anyway! banana

Archived