MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Allergy?

mom11

Is this an allergy?...One of my eyes, feels puffy around it and the skin around it, probably 1-2 inches under it, itches. My eyelid is flaky. I put some Benadryl cream around my eye and it did feel better, but now it is the same.

GOODMORNINGFLOWERS2.gif Mom11.

I would think it is probably allergies, have you been around anything different lately that would cause your allergies to act up. I don't think I would put anything on my skin around the eyes though. If you have Benadryl pills, you can take one or two and see if it makes a difference.

I know my eyes are really puffy and itchy right now, so will try to remember to take my medication this evening.

HAPPYSATURDAY10.gif2d568b53.jpgHUGS35.gif

I've never had this happen before. It started around one eye and it is itchy and swollen and red. Now, it seems like my eye is red and the other one is a bit. I have been using some of the chicks' pink eye antibiotic, but it is still driving me nuts. We have such bad allergies and our insurance changed last year, so no more allergy shots. What a waste, three years of them and had to quit before the series was done. It seems our allergies are worse, not better. I'm at least thankful I have insurance, could be and probably will only get worse.

Thanks Snowmom!

Mom11, I think you might want to have it checked out, as if it were/is pink eye, you will need different medication than if it is allergies. But, my guess is that it is your allergies acting up.

I had only a couple allergy shots, and the dr. told me that if I had more, it could on diabeties and I was close to that anyway, and I ended up with it so I can't get the shots. I am taking Singulair right now. I have used allegra also, and they both are good.

I do hope you are feeling much better now. smile

HUGS35.gifHAPPYMONDAY7.gifhaveagreatday-1.gif

Archived