MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Tiny grand daughter needs prayers

Mother

I've never posted on this forum but I've said many prayers for others here. Now I'm moved to ask for prayers for our little Granddaughter Ella. She was born September 16th, several weeks early with her intestines on the outside of her body but we had every hope that she would be doing well. Now the doctors have found a congenital defect in her lymphatic system which will have her in the hospital for months and on a special diet perhaps for years.

I would really appreciate any prayers and thoughts you could spare for the baby, her parents and her three sisters, and the doctors and nurses who are taking care of her. We have all prayed almost non stop since she was born but they all could really use some extras.

bighug

and thanks to you all.

Father God,

My heart goes out to the parents and family of Baby Ella. Please give them the strength to help each other through these trying times, the strength to carry on, no matter what. Father I pray that you will take Baby Ella in your arms, shield her from the ineptitude of some and place her in the security of the medical staff that can help her. I ask that you touch her tiny body, give her the immunity that she should have, and do a healing work in her body I ask,

In Jesus precious name

Amen

I will add Ella and her family to my prayers. One of the hardest things for a parent is to stand there unable to help their child. I pray for strenght to her parents and the rest of the family and for healing for Ella. There is nothing I can say to help, so all I can do is offer my prayers.

Your prayers have brought tears of gratitude. Thank you so much for your thoughfulness.

(( )))

praying

Lord, keep Ella and her family in the palm of your hand; grant them strength, courage, and comfort; give Ella's doctors and nurses wisdom and guidance to give her the best of care; most of all grant little Ella freedom from pain and healing for her body...Amen.

((((Mother and family)))) grouphug2

Just thought some of you would like an update on baby Ella. Thanks to all your prayers and thoughts she is doing BETTER!!!!!!

Last Wednesday night I had gotten a call from our DIL and she and DS were in tears of frustration and fear for their little one. Last night I got a call from them that was filled with laughter and hope. What a difference prayers can make.

Ella's intestines have started to work and that wasn't expected for a week or two yet. They had inserted a drain tube into the thorax area to keep the fluid from the leaking lymphathic vessel in that area from making it difficult for her to breath. They have not gotten any fluids from that area in the last 24 hours and that was not expected to heal for some time yet. Yesterday they removed her from the ventilator and I'm overjoyed to say she is breathing on her own. Today or tomorrow they will be giving her some no or low fat formula to see how she handles it. YAHOO!!!!

The doctors are amazed at her healing but you and I know WHY she is healing so fast. We are told we can expect some setbacks and some problems along her path yet but she is a bit over 5 pounds and is progressing so much better than anyone thought that we can't help but be overjoyed and hopeful.

Thank you all, every last one of you, who has held Ella in your thoughts and prayers. Without them we would still be struggling with our pain and fear. Thank you!

(((( ALL ))))

Archived