MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Magic Marker "Safe"

PoGo

LOL...My mother, ever the clever one, used to hide her money in the tampon boxes...and often used the cardboard outer shell as her "safe" She reasoned that most robbers were men and they would never think to look in the sanitary supplies. I discovered this by accident when I took her box on tampons on a trip and found all the cash...she freaked out at me for that one, haha. (no, I was a good girl and did not spend it)

After seeing the video, I thought about trying this to keep some emergency money in my purse, however one of my kids would probably find the marker and use it and leave it somewhere.

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...

I like the tampon box idea, but the markers are not such a great idea when you have kids. They are always stealing my pens, pencils and markers, especially the 2 year old who like to "tattoo" herself. lol

Originally Posted By: halfpint
After seeing the video, I thought about trying this to keep some emergency money in my purse, however one of my kids would probably find the marker and use it and leave it somewhere.
Dawn

or throw it out if it quit working with the ink cartridge out.
  • 4 weeks later...

I always loose markers...not a good idea for me ;-)

I used to keep $20.00 in my purse at all times (not in my wallet), just in case my credit card didn't work when I tried to pay the taxi driver at midnight after work. Unfortunately, I told my husband about it once, so he kept "needing" it.

~Jo

Originally Posted By: JCK88
LOL...My mother, ever the clever one, used to hide her money in the tampon boxes...and often used the cardboard outer shell as her "safe" She reasoned that most robbers were men and they would never think to look in the sanitary supplies. I discovered this by accident when I took her box on tampons on a trip and found all the cash...she freaked out at me for that one, haha. (no, I was a good girl and did not spend it)

roflrofl
  • 1 year later...
I always loose markers...not a good idea for me ;-)

I used to keep $20.00 in my purse at all times (not in my wallet), just in case my credit card didn't work when I tried to pay the taxi driver at midnight after work. Unfortunately, I told my husband about it once, so he kept "needing" it.

~Jo

Quit keeping it there for a few months. He will eventually quit looking and you can go back to it. Or have your card "not work" one night so he has to pay cash. It will create such a headache he won't take it again.

Edited by Girl Next Door