MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How did you find Mrs. S?

cookiejar

Just curious. laugh

How did you find Mrs. S? We're you looking for survival forums? Places for women? By accident?

I know mine was a search for some place survival minded but I had been discouraged by the guns-n-glory survival groups. I wanted initially to find a place that wouldn't mind a newbie with *dopey question*. (Sadly of which I'm still famous for asking now laugh )...

So what about you?

thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking for craft ideas and a link took me here. I joined and was active for a while and then got shut out with Norton Anti virus. Never realised it was that until the subscription was finished. rejoined and eventually was able to join in. But this is 'home' to me. (even if you all talk funny and cant spell!)

I was looking at some y2k sites and saw a link to it. Read a lot of good info...then my computer crashed and I couldn't figure out how to get back. That was 1999. Then in 2005 I saw a link on one of the macho mens survival sites and couldn't believe it when I realized I was back...And I still lurked around until last year...

Stacy

I can't remember how I found Mrs. S originally, but it was prior to Y2K so I guess I was looking for info on that subject. I joined but posted only once or twice, I think. Then I found Mrs. S again two or three years ago (my memory is really failing me here, lol) and, after lurking for ages, finally rejoined in the summer of last year. :-)

I was blissfully perusing the recipe forums of Prodigy and this strange-looking wild woman dressed in a flaming pink ball gown adorned with huge rhinestones, wearing a gaudy oversized tiara and 4-inch heels grabbed me through the monitor and pulled me, kicking and screaming, into the strange new world called Mrs Survival. Darlene never looked quite so... ummmmmmmm... *elegant*.

(Darlene after the ball: dustfairy.gif

Oh my gosh Cat, you are SO busted...rofl!

That is not trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! This time I really AM innocent! rofl

I'm here cause it's all Cat's fault. I found it through the message board on Walton Feed, came, fell in love with it...joined a chat, felt very out of place, got bumped and couldn't get back in so figured that maybe this place wasn't for me...

A few weeks later, Cat emailed me and asked me if I was the Darlene who had been in chat, so I ended up coming back, buying the site a few months after that and the rest is history.

If it wasn't for Cat, who knows where MrsS would be right now.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go put on my BLACK evening gown and BLACK 3" heels...I can't do the 4" heels anymore...besides, I'm tall enough as it is.

darlene

blush

hehehe...this is funny....

Ok, one night we were up to the bar in town.. grin There was me, DBF and two of his friends. One friend is a horse dentist...the other friend...well, he just don't give a chit. About most ANYTHING. You'd have to know the guy. Sweet man, wouldn't hurt a fly...a drunk, and generally homeless. Just don't CARE. Gets himself arrested for one or another goofy reason in the winter--gets a warm bed and three free meals a day. Anyhow....

We were up town and drinking...quite a bit...and the horse dentist was talking about being in Minnesota for some class or something to learn a new technique. DBF is always wanting to move to Minnesota--good fishing, or Alaska- shrug somehow they decided we needed to go to Minnesota or Alaska. And the second friend-he kinda looks like Festus (on Gunsmoke), so they decided we'd get us some mules...all named Ruth and pack our way to Alaska. I said I wasn't going and they said I had to go cuz I can catch and clean and cook fish, and I have to do all the gardening and can the stuff and since I grew up on a farm, that I had to milk the cow and collect eggs from the chickens and do all the butchering. I asked what they thought they were gonna do and they said-EAT AND SLEEP! eek WHATEVER! rollingeyes So they decided with 4 of us going, we had to figure out how much land that would be. Huh? shrug They said-Yeah, for homesteading-each person can homestead so much land. DarleneSwoon I told them: There isn't anymore HOMESTEADING. Not for free. Last homesteading was in the '70s or something like that. So then we ended up argueing about it and I finally said 'Fine, when I get home, I'll look it up on the computer and find out how many acres you dimwits are worth. grin ZERO. I was right and we're all still in Indiana. When I googled 'homesteading' I found the info I was looking for and...THIS PLACE.

All because of three idiots and a drunken arguement.

Good thing I wasn't registered and posting that night! That took a couple of months. wink

rofl

eek Sorry, folks... I guess Darlene is my fault... busted

sorry

OK, truthfully...

DH came home one evening telling me that the guys at work were talking about Y2K, and how it could become a very real problem. Well, for Christmas he had gotten us a new-to-us computer, and when a blizzard hit us in early January 1999, I started surfing to see what I could find.

I had a couple of days and ended up finding a place where the people were friendly and knowledgeable. And they were *funny*... they knew how to mix humor with the seriousness.

I lurked until I could find something helpful to say. It started slowly, but here I am...

It's been a roller coaster, but it still feels like home.

grouphug2

no, they sold the place to our very own Darlene. I am sure they come look in from time to time but no, they are no longer around. Mr. Buckshot still has a web site and writes articles.

I think I saw reference to Mrs S when I was poking around on another forum (PH). I followed the link, saw Darlene's post about getting a new gun for herself... It was when dh was putting some pressure on me to get a pistol & a license. I was unsure, but that one single post from Darlene gave me reassurance about owning a firearm and not being a weirdo. 'Course, I lurked for - oh, a day or two! Found that I liked Mrs S. Found that while I was more prepared than the sheeple, I still had a way to go (ee em pee - what?).

Got my pistol. Got my license to carry. Got some oil lamps. Learned a whole lotta stuff, spent a whole lotta money, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I remember looking for homesteading boards and came across this one. It was way back when doubleought owned it. I remember all those you mentioned Westie. I think Becca and I came about the same time and way back then I was Inky....anyone remember her? smile

Archived