MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Happy Halloween everyone

mistylady

PUSH9a2d0bbeacd9.jpgLovers Never Separated

Happy Halloween - I'm giving out chocolate!

M&Ms, Snickers, Twix, and Milky Ways...

030.gif

I'm so bummed! We're having bouts of wind and rain... I don't think I'll get any trick or treaters. Most likely they'll do the church/activity centers and mall runs for parties and goodies.

I'm bummed! I made little packets with candy bars, sweet tarts, blow pops, bubble gum, jolly ranchers, laffy taffy and all manner of goodies.

(Yes, my house is THAT house...LOL... the one with the good candy loot).

{sigh}

I know where I can donate it tomorrow except what I take to the main office, but darn. Ah well.

BTW Did you ever Treat or Treat in rain or snow? Just curious.

HAPPYHELLOWEEN1.gif Good afternoon and HAPPYHELLOWEEN3.gifHAPPYHELLOWEEN5.gifHAPPYHELLOWEEN4gif.gifHAPPYHELLOWEEN2.gif

I do hope you do get a lot of trick or treaters, Cookie. smile

I did go out one time years & years ago when it was really nasty out. But, I didn't go very often. The kids would go out in the snow and rain too.

Flowerpots.gifHAPPYWEDNESDAY2.gifFALLHUGS1.jpg

Living in the rainy PacificNW, if you don't go in the rain - you don't go!

I can remember once when I was a kid we were snowed in for Halloween. The 4 of us went from the back-to the front-to the back-to the front, over and over again; trick-or-treating my mother. She then told us her children were lost in the storm, and invited us in to a party!

It is one of my most treasured memories.

We've gone in the rain before...just took umbrellas. I'm bummed though...nobody to take again this year...ds is too old to go with his mommy... awwman I'm relegated to passing out candy to the 10 kids that might show up... frown

Ah don't be bummed out, Dogmom4. I'm here in the country and I love to decorate for Halloween, but my kids are in Austin, there are no kids around here and we're moving. So I didn't even carve a pumpkin. But, here's to Halloweens past!

:spider: who cannot figure out how to add an image. Sigh.

I've been haunted by machines all day.

THANK GOODNESS IT IS OVER FOR ANOTHER YEAR!!!!!!

We go to the city block party, this town is very fortunate one of the world's top candy makers (m&m mars) is in our town. At the city block party, they set up a tent and have every candy they make, but mostly new introductions, like the new twix peanut butter bar, or the ogre sized peanut butter m&ms, they don't give just one or two of these, they give several of each kind they make......it is worth standing in a long line for about 15 to 20 minutes, then we go all the vendors tents... by the time you get through this, you have half a bag full.. then to the college neighborhood... we started at 5:00 pm, didn't get home until 8:45... everyone is worn out..

I don't think we will do this next year,, the kids just don't have what it takes, to have to work for their goods.....LOL

As old and fat as I am (43,,,, not telling the weight) I could still be out there walking and it wouldn't have bothered me... it wore them out...HEHE..

ONE reason I am into trick or treating,, I look at it as FREEBIE PREPS,,,, AFTER SORTING THROUGH THE CANDIES,,,, JUST ON THE HARD CANDIES ALONE WE HAD 2 GALLON SIZE BAGGIES FULL... OF COURSE THE KIDS LIKE SOME HARD CANDIES, BETTER THAN OTHERS, BUT WILL EAT THEM IF THEY HAVE NOTHING ELSE... I PUT THE HARD CANDIES INTO MY PREPS......

BUT THANK GOODNESS TIME TO MOVE ON TO THE NEXT HOLIDAY.....

Oh yes, rain, wind, snow, and fog.

Our kids were more dedicated than the post office in their quest for candy! rofl

We always planned costumes that would go over a heavy coat,...capes, sheets, black garbage sacks with 'bones' painted on, cats with bgs [black garbage sacks] & a tail...on & on.

We have thick fog tonight, 1 trick or treater. I hope they stay home & are safe.

We had one knock on the door. While I gave candy to the kids, my dog was sounding like Kujo - behind a gate in the next room. Funny, we didn't have any more trick-er-treat'ers after that. shrug

Don't mind me; I'm happy to be the crazy lady with the crazier dog! grin

Your not going to believe, I had 20!!! woohoo

They didn't start to arrive till 8:00. I assume their Parents were doing the weather watch and waited till we were between bands of rain and wind.

Then I had a rush! I was thrilled as you can guess. Embarrassingly, I could not figure out all the costumes, I am woefully behind the times but enjoyed it and double loaded each kid. grin

My dedication was vindicated when I heard one treater say,"SEE! I TOLD you this was the house with the bags!" I got a good chuckle over that.

My final treater set were incredible. A Handsome black father and son. The little guy couldn't have been more than two and was done up as Rocky Balboa and Dad was convincing as the Mr. T villian from the same Rocky movie. Dad was wearing a real boxing outfit with real gloves and junior whose costume had to have been sewn by Mom was perfect. Junior made me laugh as he dropped the pumpkin sack in favor of clutching the candy bags to his chest. Dad sheepishly said,"He hasn't quite got this Trick or treating thing down yet."

What a great evening and you were all right! I don't think a real hurricane blowing out side would have stopped the candy quest. Today in the Herald, they had pics of treaters with candy loot bag in one hand and an umbrella in the other on Miracle Mile going store to store. True dedication. grin

We had GREAT weather last night (chilly, but no rain - yay!), but still only had about 20 kids come. Sigh... There are so many group activities now at schools and churches that hardly anyone goes door to door anymore. The rest of the culdesac had their lights off by 8:15, so I turned ours off since I figured no one would venture up a very dark street just to go to one house.

Color me disappointed...

FALLGOODMORNING1.gif

Had to come in and see how you all did last night. smile Glad you did get some trick or treaters, Cookie and everyone else. smile

Living in the country we don't get any kids here any more. frown I guess the only time we did was the first few years we lived here and our kids had friends who came. Then when the neighbors were very small they came, but no more. frowncryingbluetears.gif

You all HAVEAGOODDAY.gifHAPPYTHURSDAY3.gifFALLHUGS1.jpg

well, we put a bowl of candy out, as I took the boys up to the church fall fest. When I got back, there were 2 snickers left, so either we had some greedy kids (we only got 3 last year!) or we had quite a few. I was actually surprised there was anything left just based on the "Ooo, no one's watching, let's take it all" factor! LOL

I only wound up with 6 kids - my worst year yet. I think maybe it was because one of the schools re-routed the busses the other way, so they didn't see the house on the way to school. The busses from 2 schools usually go past us.

I have many more people wandering about looking at the house than coming to the door anyway, so I know it was appreciated.

Archived