MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Christmas Card exchange

Jewlzm

As I said in the shoutbox - If it's happening, I'm in!

Someone collects addresses, makes a list, and you send to and receive one from each person.

ok basically we count up how many people want to join in.. everyone sends me their address in a pm.. I send a list of all the addresses out to each person so that everyone has a list to send cards to.

Last year we had 13 or 14 people.. so each person got 14 cards. It was fun.

I've been nominated for this as jewlzm will be out of town, so the PMs need to be sent to me.

If you're in, send me your address!

christmas_card8.jpg

Addresses due by, say the 14th? That would give 11 days...

I thought I could put them in a PM to everyone, like Snowmom did with the ornament exchange. Would that work and be ok with everyone? (I've never done this, so tell me if this is right, please.) If I did that, people could access them as we go along...

I have 3 addresses already.

I don't think it matters if they are homemade or not.

I'll be sending assorted purchased ones, but if I get back homemade ones that's fine with me!

It's the spirit after all, that matters.

Originally Posted By: Leah

WOW! That late?
can we all get them delivered to others before the Holiday sending them out that late?
I was thinking of more like the 7th so people know how many to get and then still have time to get them out? You know not everyone will be mailing them out on that date? and if they wait just a few days it will be the 20th or later?

Just me thinking
Originally Posted By: Amishway Homesteaders
Originally Posted By: Leah

WOW! That late?
can we all get them delivered to others before the Holiday sending them out that late?
I was thinking of more like the 7th so people know how many to get and then still have time to get them out? You know not everyone will be mailing them out on that date? and if they wait just a few days it will be the 20th or later?

Just me thinking

ditto.. we want people to get these Before Christmas. Give atleast a week to sign up and get their addresses to you. I dont think waiting that late will work. With all the mail going out at that time.

Okay, if I did it right, there are 7 so far. You should all be able to access the addresses in a PM. I will add new ones to the bottom of the list as they come in.

Boy, this website makes me learn things I never thought I could do!

Let me know if it didn't work, please.

---

P.S. If anyone doesn't know where to find it; click on my name, then send a PM.

All right, let's make it the 7th, as the deadline.

8 addresses so far!

WiccadStargazer and Serendipity, I don't have yours yet... PM me to add add yours to the private list. You have until the 7th of December to sign up. Purchased cards, homemade cards, edible cards, any and all types are allowed (PLEASE, however - no cards that breathe! If you have extra kittens or puppies, do not put bows on them and send the dears through the mail...)

The list so far is - Leah & Hippie Dad; Pauline; Mtn Mama; Ginger; WVangel46; Amishway Homesteaders; Jewlzm; Dogmom4; Mommato3boys...

I have no stamps yet and it's snowing - anyone wanting to join has until Friday!!!!!!!!

smiley_emoticons_postbote.gif

Mommato3boys is our newest card member! (so to speak)

icon_elf.gif

Archived