MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

My Dad

Jewlzm

Just wanted to let you all know your prayers are working!

He is gaining weight and has been doing 2 radiation treatments a day. The tumor is shrinking and he is getting stronger. He is up to roughly 86 pounds now! If he continues to gain weight they wont put the feeding tube in. He starts Chemo this weeks so please continue praying.

Thank you all so much.

Thank heavens!

I'm sure you're all feeling some relief. I'm so happy for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I havent been able to get in touch with him because of his appointments. News from Grandma is he is making it to all of his appointments but she wont say how he is looking or feeling (Mothers prerogative I guess) When I do get in touch with him and am able to actually speak with him Ill repost an update.

Thanks for your concerns and prayers!

My father is almost through with his radiation treatments and chemo treatments for this first round. They are trying to decide if and/or when he will need another round. He is doing splendidly!

He is now up to 130 pounds which is fantastic considering what he looked like when I went out there last.( Especially for him being over 6 foot tall he looked quite ill) The doctors say since I went out there he has gained almost 50 pounds. His whole attitude has changed. He is much happier and has been working around his trailer mowing and weeding and fixing his windows. Which is fantastic considering he used to just sit around and mope. To me this is all fantastic news because my father has found new life and energy. I dont know if you all can understand this. The outlook is great! bighug to all of you!

• 1 year later...

I know I havent been on in awhile but I know a few who visit here who know me would like an update.

After a long hard battle with cancer my father passed away late wednesday night. I appreciate all your prayers over the years and will appreciate those that are still to come.

YFIC

Jewlzm

AKA Julie

• 3 weeks later...

Archived