MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Not read icon disappearing

Fritz_Monroe

I know the subject doesn't make sense, but I didn't know how to word it.

When I enter the forums, the icon for each of the sections or the forum indicate if there are new posts. As soon as I enter one of the sections that has new posts and then return to the main forum, the icons no longer indicate there are new posts. Not just for the forum I was in, but for all of them in that same area. Is there a setting somewhere to change the behavior?

Hope this makes sense.

F-M I'm not quite sure how to address your problem. Do you mean that say, when you enter Sunporch and read one thread there but have 5 more that you don't open...then you go back to the forum list, it has no red numbers indicating that you still have not read those other 5 threads? Is that what you mean? Cuz that is normal in my experience. I, techno-dummy, wouldn't know if you can change it but someone will come along who might.

coffee2

But now that you've mentioned it: I'm having some glitches with the Not-Read indicator. Even after I've read everything in So Waddya Think, it always has red numbers in the Forum List indicating I've got unread posts there. Never goes away. It's done this for the past couple months. Anyone understand why this is happening?

MtRider

Not really. What I'm seeing is I'll first hit the forums and it will indicate that there are unread posts in the Sunporch and the Streams (don't really remember the name) I'll go into the Sunporch and read the messages, I'll return to the main forum page and neither Sunporch nor Streams will show there are new messages.

Now here's the real strange part, I'll scroll down the page and Preserving the Harvest will indicate new posts. So it looks like it is just the 1 section that does this for me.

Fritz, if I understand this correctly what is happening is the page is refreshing when you go back to the main forum page. When it does this it will not show any new post in the forum(s) you have been in. However if you go back into those forums, any post you did not open will show the new post in red.

At least that is what happens on my computer.

wormie

John

Fritz_Monroe, I know what you're talking about. The same thing happens to me. Also, I can read posts and three days later the icons show up as unread. I've always considered it to be a glitch in the forum software.

You can try clicking on "Active Topics" located at the top of the forums. That might be an easier way to find recent posts.

• 1 month later...

I've been having trouble with the not read icons also. I've logged in and clearly people have posted all over the place, but only a couple forums have the not-read indicators, so then I have to go on an easter egg hunt to find the new posts. Other times lately, the indicators seem roughly accurate. It's a puzzle!

• 1 month later...

Archived