MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Rotator shelf for #10 cans

Came across this little beauty - Mostly hidden rotator shelf for #10 cans in the garage, and The Closet Can Rotator

http://www.kirkhams.org/rotator.htm

I do like this idea. You could put almost anything on the "new" wall you put in front of it. I do like the peg board idea for use in a garage. Anything to make rotating easier would be good. I am only up to a couple of months of food, but I need to get a plan in place to rotate easier before I manage to get a lot of it.

Wow I like the closet can rotator. You know looking at that it doesn't look hard to build and it would be easy to adapt for regular size cans.....Oh Honey I have a project for you..... darlene

I was thinking that it could adapt easily myself. I might end up getting some #10 cans, but unless I end up with company I will have 2 or 3 people. Unless I have my daughter and her family with me. Then we would need the #10 cans. She has 8 in her family now and the new baby will be here by the middle of Febuary if he waits that long. And her kids know how to eat. #10 cans might be needed then. But regular size cans I do use and would need to store.

Originally Posted By: mommato3boys
Wow I like the closet can rotator. You know looking at that it doesn't look hard to build and it would be easy to adapt for regular size cans.....Oh Honey I have a project for you..... darlene

I was already printing off the plans to take to my Honey when I read your post...LOL!!!!
  • 1 year later...

bumping

• 4 weeks later...

I love that idea! Did you notice the version for smaller cans, too? It fit into a very small-depth area in a closet--like the few inches between the closet door and the wall off to the side. Makes a great use of unused space. Looks easy to make, too.

• 2 months later...

One I haven't seen before, with step by step directions, pictures and now a video!

http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/2009/02/16/...-rotating-rack/

http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/fsme/docs/shelfplan.pdf

This no. 10 can rotator shelf is pretty easy to figure out and could be custom sized to fit certain spaces . I can see where smaller units would still make the best of the space used too. I will try and remember it! Maybe one day I can do this myself. I can certainly see how it would help me with little storage space.