MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

December 23 - 29, 2007

Snowmom

GOODMORNINGBEARMAKINGORANGEJUICE.gif

Well, it is Monday again and time to add our miles. smile

Here are some things that count for miles.

1.gif2.gif3.gif4.gif5.gif6.gif7.gif8.gif9.gif10.gif11.gif12.gif13.gif14.gifDANCING8.gifDANCING7.gifshoppingcart:STAIRS:loisvacuuminglaundrydustingdishesclotheslinedancingbanana

I am putting down 15 1/2 miles, who will be next.gif .

Now, how many want to continue to count miles?? Will anyone else joing us walking and counting miles??

HAPPYMONDAY3.gifHAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifSNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpg

A couple of years ago, I was walking quite a bit. Not counting how much I walk at work(sometimes I actually walk three or four miles in a day at work alone), I was walking 3 or 4 miles on my days off. That is just going for walks, and not counting things such as shopping or housework or other forms of exercise. Haven't road a bike in years, but I have been thinking about doing that again. Why I used to bike to my job 13 miles away 4 days a week. Of course I was younger then and that is before I started injuring myself. Even with breaking my leg twice I was managing the to walk regularly. Then almost two years ago now, I hurt my leg again. This time I managed to tear my ACL in my knee. It wasn't healing, or at least that is what I thought. Turns out that the ligament healed but it agravated my arthitis and have developed chronic tendonitis in the knee. This has caused chronic pain which interferes with any activity on my part. Well, the doctor agrees that moderate walking would be good for me, so I am ready to try to start walking again. I doubt if I will be able to walk like I used to. However, if I start out slow, maybe I can get back to doing something I enjoy. Maybe if I start exercising again, I will manage to lose some weight and relieve the pressure on my knee.

So I know I will be starting out slow, but I will join in. Since one of my goals this year is to start to try to get in better shape, I will start by joining in on logging my miles.

GOODMORNINGMARSHMELLOWS.gif

Glad to see you here Wink. smile

Momo, that has to count for a couple miles. smile So you must be up to 12 miles last week. smile

Oh Deb, that will be great to have you join us. smile So, I will continue to count the miles. smile

I am not doing as I use to do either, I was posting up to 30 miles a week a few years ago, but I too, have failed in continuing to walk so I have decided I need to try and walk at least 3 times a week instead of just the one day. Most of my miles come from just doing the dusting , shoppingcart and :STAIRS: right now, so I really need to get myself motivated and walk and ride. I have a T.V. in the basement to I can watch tapes while I do this. It is just saying 'DO IT', and then doing it. On Mondays I take my Fosamax and have to stay on my feet for 30 minutes, so this is the reason I do my walking on Mondays. Now, it is just doing some more walking other days. smile From what I have heard, it is good for osteoporosis as well as your back anyway and makes you stronger. smile So, I really need to do it. smile

Will someone try to keep me going this year? Please. smileHUGS5-1.gif

We had a buddy system for a couple years and I think that helped me too. If we had enough sign up, we could do that again, but with just a few of us counting, I don't know as it would work. But, I just need to be kept motivated. frown

Glad you are joining us this year, Deb. smileHUGS2-1.jpg

Come on there must be others out there who want to join in the walking and counting miles. smile

You all take care and HAVEAGOODDAYWINTERGIRLANDSNOWMAN.gifCHRISTMASLITTLEGIRLANDTREEHUGS.jpg to all of you. smile

Archived