MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Step By Step Bread

GOODMORNING3-1.jpg

THANKYOUSNOWMENANDKIDS.jpg all for sharing your work with us. smile

The bread and rolls all look so good.

I love peanutbutter on fresh buns. smile Soooooo goooood. smile

I use a piece of waxed paper or paper towel to put shortening on the top of mine, I don't use butter.

It has been some time since I've baked bread, and with just me, I wouldn't be able to take pictures. smile

You all did such a great job of showing us how you do it. smileTHANKSTHREEPUPPIES.gif again. smile

HAVEAGREATDAYTEAPOT.gifSNOWMANHUGSINPURPLE.jpg

Yes the bread can be sliced into sandwich sized pieces.. You just have to cut real slow as to not smash it down.. Although it still may be a little thicker than you are used to. To me there's nothing better than a tomato sandwich on homemade white bread with a little salt and miracle whip!

That is a country living grain grinder. I wouldnt get any other kind. It can even be fitted with a belt/motor attatchment. It comes with an extra bar to help make grinding easier also.

Yes the bread can be cut into sandwich slices.I make sure it is cool before cutting for sandwiches. We dont buy store bought bread. But we get alot of lunchmeat. So we make lots of sandwiches.

Originally Posted By: Buttercup
To me there's nothing better than a tomato sandwich on homemade white bread with a little salt and miracle whip!

Oh yes there is something better!!!
Two of them... grin

wormie
John
  • Like 1

I have an all wheat recipe. However. I grind the wheat by hand and it takes 10 cups of wheat flour. I just dont like using all the wheat at once right now LOL. I am having alot of pain in my wrists and elbows because of all of the storms we have been having. And my oldest kid is 11 so its hard to get much wheat ground at once. There is a reason for my madness LOL!

Originally Posted By: jewlzm
I have an all wheat recipe. However. I grind the wheat by hand and it takes 10 cups of wheat flour. I just dont like using all the wheat at once right now LOL. I am having alot of pain in my wrists and elbows because of all of the storms we have been having. And my oldest kid is 11 so its hard to get much wheat ground at once. There is a reason for my madness LOL!

I was concerned that all fresh wheat didn't taste good or something. Thanks for the tutorial.
Originally Posted By: jewlzm
That is a country living grain grinder. I wouldnt get any other kind. It can even be fitted with a belt/motor attatchment. It comes with an extra bar to help make grinding easier also.

That is a nice grinder...something to save for. I went to their site and it said sometimes they have ones with blemishes...so they sell them cheaper...wonder how much cheaper?

This is so perfect for us beginners and I from the bottom of my heart appreciate your making step by step instructions...

Thank you so much... bowbow

clapsmilieclapsmilieclapsmilie

I Gained 10 pounds just looking at all the pictures...I have to get on my tread mill now.

100_1517.jpg

100_1519.jpg

100_1520.jpg

100_1522.jpg

100_1523.jpg

th175535323_m.gif

I started with Jewlzm and I'm going to work my way down....I did it and the bread was fantastic...My hold family loved watching the different rises and when that bread came out of the oven I had to beat my son back so that it could cool for 10 mins...

Thank you so much for the step by step instructions.

Half white, half whole wheat flour makes a lighter loaf. As your family gets more used to it, you can gradually change the ratio of white to whole wheat (more whole wheat). It gets more dense and heavier, but experience will tell you how much *you* like.

You don't HAVE to slice the tops. But it looks nice sometimes, especially on round loaves.

Round loaves... just follow the directions, except shape the loaves into a flattish ball and let them rise on a greased cookie sheet. Bake as for loaves.

Some people dust the cookie sheet with cornmeal before placing the dough on it.

WAY TO GO, all of you!!! Great looking breads!!!

clap