MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for Dinner???

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight was chili and rice, with minced onion and grated cheese on top.

We had pork chops in HM (homemade) shake-n-bake, HM cornbread, HM mac & cheese (from powdered cheese & milk) and (lest you think I'm totally HM) frozen store-bought brocolli steamed in it's little plastic bag. 'Twas good!!

Tomorrow is meatloaf, mashed potatoes and whatever dh manages to come up with me at work...probably frozen corn.

I bought boneless chicken thighs. They were almost a dollar less a pound then my usual bonelesschicken breasts. I have to find a tasty way to cook them today to see if i want to add them to the regular menu.

I'll have rice made with 1/2 water 1/2 chicken stock and some spices and I'll let one of the kids pick a frozen veggie to cook. Pretty boring, huh?

I made fried cheeseburgers last night, with cabbage and some applesauce. (It was ok, but I had to use up the cabbage and applesauce.)

Tonight... crockpot chuck roast which I'm starting now. Not sure what I'll put with it yet. shrug

Tomorrow is a carry-in lunch at the church. So I need to figure out what I'm taking for that, too.

shrug I had lean cuisine (chicken and brocoli), son had a tv dinner he picked while we did some major shoppingcart shopping for preps today. We knew we would be too tired to cook so grabbed a fasty for supper tonight. Now I am sipping coffee2 on a cup of tea and catching up on Mrs S. happy02

Pork steaks, rice, broccoli and applesauce. Oh, and some leftover white cake with fudge filling.

Chicken, noodles and sauce, mixed veg and biscuits.

Tuesday was ham and roasted vegetables.

Wednesday, I made chicken, 'onion rice' (brown rice, dried minced onion, salt and broth), and carrots vichy (from Joy Of Cooking)

Tonight we had "Cheeseburger Macaroni" (beef, dried minced onion, canned mushrooms, tomato powder, macaroni, shredded cheese).

Oh man, ask me tomorrow night. Tonight was Barro's Pizza for the kids, and a spaghetti and salad for me.

Tomorrow night, we had chicken (food bank) defrosting in the fridge for tonight -- and the thing is still frozen. So TOMORROW NIGHT, we will be having a nice italian chicken, with rice (I have about 20 pounds of it to use up from the food bank), or potatos (I have about 30 pounds of it to use up from the food bank!) I am going to use three packages of spinach (you guessed it -- food bank) with a little olive oil and garlic and cook that up. My kids love spinach. For a nice dessert I am going to have applesauce. I am trying to figure out a way to jazz up canned unsweetened apple sauce but so far haven't figured on doing more than putting some honey in it.

For breakfast tomorrow I am making a frittata with onions, potatos, bell peppers and eggs.

Tonight it was fried chicken, smashed potatoes, corn, and drop biscuits.

Right now I'm making some broth from the bones which will go into another meal.

I feel much better about our Olive Garden treat tonight now that other people have confessed..

It was so nice to be waited on and to come home to a clean kitchen with leftovers.

I was feeling a bit ashamed of myself. Working like mad to trim the budget then going to a restaraunt.

Archived