MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

Whats for Dinner???

I know what is NOT for breakfast. I burned the oatmeal. My pans are really thin and everything burns easily. :-(

Dinner tonight is a stir fry type dinner. Bell peppers, onions, potatos, two different type of squash -- Mexican and Yellow. I might add in black beans for a little protien. Salt and pepper -- and viola -- dinner~!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight it is a slow-cooked pot roast with potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic, and onions. Homemade rolls too. That will give us lots of leftovers for the week!

Good fellow! Hippie Dad is making chili, including bacon juice and left over hamburger.

Salad, garlic bread and...

Spaghetti made with ground beef...with a big handful of cracked bulgur wheat (from my preps) thrown in. Even finicky eaters don't realize it's there, but it adds nutrients and blends real well with just about anything.

For those who don't know...cracked bulgur wheat = wheat berries that have been precooked, dehydrated and cracked...this 'instant food' can be reconstituted in any liquid.

We had some kick but chili that DH made on the wood stove! feedme He made a huge pot of it yesterday so we have had that the past two nights and I canned up the last of it today. Got 5 quarts on the shelf!

Q

DD made stir fry for lunch, and Hippie Dad is making chicken gravy for dinner - geez! I just realized I didn't cook at all today!

Originally Posted By: Aint2nuts
I know what is NOT for breakfast. I burned the oatmeal. My pans are really thin and everything burns easily. :-(

With my oatmeal and cream of wheat.. I just add boiling water to the bowls of dry oatmeal so it doesnt get burned. But I really dont like mushy oatmeal either. It works really well for us. If it isnt done enough I just pop it into the microwave for 30-45 seconds and that usually does it for DH

Aint2nuts, if you can find a metal hanger it can be bent into a sort of star-shape, and used between the pot and the burner. Burn the paint off first though, it stinks like a son-of-a-gun!

Originally Posted By: Leah
Aint2nuts, if you can find a metal hanger it can be bent into a sort of star-shape, and used between the pot and the burner. Burn the paint off first though, it stinks like a son-of-a-gun!

That is a cool idea! I will incorporate is next time I cook.

I've got boneless pork ribs in the slow cooker... found 'em marked down at the store this morning.

Probably have buttered parsley potatoes and another veggie with it. Gotta go see what needs to be used!

shrug

Last night, made a box-mix of Dirty Rice, to which I added misc beans (pinto, pink and adzuki) and cut up cube steak. It wasn't half bad.

Tonight, I have two chicken breasts thawed. I haven't yet decided what to do with them, as my dh doesn't care much for chicken. I might do HM shake-n-bake or perhaps chicken parmesagna (however you spell it!). Dinner's in two hours; I'd better decide soon... Hmmmm... I think I'll do the shake-n-bake and what to do for a side dish??? I'm no good at side dishes, but I'm bored with 'onion rice'... I think I'll whip up some sort of HM noodle roni, using a few green peas, a roux (white sauce), and angel hair pasta from my KA attachment that I LOVE so much! Round that out with salad or carrots vichy and it'll be a supper to be proud of. lol

Tomorrow, dh isn't home, so I keep dinner really simple. I think I'll do eggs and pancakes for the kids.

Originally Posted By: ArmyOfFive4God
Originally Posted By: PoGo
Spaghetti, garden salad, garlic bread and ice tea.

eek we ended up having iced tea as well (see my above post for the eek)

"Birds of a feather flock together" or "Great minds think alike" happy02

Archived