MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I'm out for a while...

mrszouave

Hi everyone....just a little note to let you all know that I won't be posting for a while. I had my two bottom wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday and I'm not feeling the greatest. I'm taking it easy, and my DH is taking on all my work...so please pray for him...

I hope to be feeling beter soon and be able to reply to some of the great stuff that is being written...I just don't have it in me right now...sorry. Have a great week, everyone!

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

Thank you all for being there for me...I do feel like a have a whole bunch of Mom's and sisters and aunts, and some uncles, too!Thanks for caring. I was up at 3am this morning with terrible pain, but it is now 12:30pm, and I have the dishes done and the apartment halfway decent...I'm feeling much better. I have been trying to remember to flush with warm, salty water. It sure does seem to help a lot! I'm just hoping and praying that the pain goes away completely and that I can eat whatever food I want when I get to Mexico...those taquitos are calling my name!Mmmmmmm! smile.gif

Again, thanks so much for caring! (((((Mrs.Survival)))))

------------------

Sure hope you mend really fast because this place needs your happy smiles. We all love you here.

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

OH No....Happy Chica......i very much enjoy reading all about your mexican foods and traditions....very interesting!!

Keep em coming.....and maybe you can post some authentic mexican recipes.....say...for flan.....that's the good stuff.....whatcha think?

Blebbielee

------------------

debbieLee1.jpg

Thanks all...*sigh*

I'm still in pain sometimes...my sister thinks I should be better by now, but I still wake up at night not being able to sleep from the pain. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday and hope that he can figure something out then. In the meantime, I continue to rinse with salt water (it seems to help a lot)and take the medication as needed.

About taquitos...mmmmmm...just the thought of them makes my mouth water...they are tacos. The "itos" ending makes them plural and small. They are made out of small tortillas that are slightly fried. Then meat is put in them (beef or pork), fried onions, or sometimes fresh onions and cilantro (for a certain variety, even pineapple!). They are served with limes, salsa, and some fresh veggies, like cucumbers and radishes. They are normally sold on the street, although now a days you can buy them in restaurants (for more than double the price on the street)as well. I would highly recommend you trying them in a restaurant though...unless you are prepared to face Moctezuma's revenge. Restaurants tend to be cleaner than the street vendors. I even only go to certain street vendors...not just any...I like feeling healthy wink.gif.

My Mom also makes a different version of "taquitos", which others may call flautas. She takes cooked chicken (shredded)and rolls a little bit at a time in a tortilla. She fastens it closed with a toothpick and then fries it. You can also make these with mashed patatoes, shreded beef or pork (precooked). Then you top 4-5 of them at a time with shreded lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese (Mexican), salsa, and add salt to taste. I also like putting avacado (sp?) slices on it. She drains the flautas real good and then pats as much of the oil off as possible. They aren't necessarily good for you but they taste great! I should probably be posting this is "this old wood stove" huh?

Well, I thought you might enjoy hearing about some typical Mexican foods.

Bleb, you're funny! Chiquita Banana is "little banana". Again, the "ita" ending makes it small. Chica or Chico means small, so chiquita or chiquito means very small. Chico and Chica are also slang for guy/gal.

Sorry about the Spanish lesson! Hope you don't mind! Hope you all have a great day!

------------------

*sigh* It's 4:45am and I can't sleep because of the pain. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!! I'm sooooo tired of this...I didn't wan't to wake up DH...so I came to bother you....I'm tired, grouchy, in pain, and am seriously considering having the operation reversed...oh wait, I can't do that wink.gif...oh well....

I took the pain medication, so pretty soon I'm going to start babbling...sorry to complain so much. I'm ususally pretty good handling pain (I am a mother!), but either this is a lot of pain, or this time I'm just having a more difficult time with it...please pray...thanks. Luvuall...not so happy Happygirl frown.gif

------------------