MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

I just have to tell you...

Guest Guest

I know I shouldn't be here right now...I'm about to fall over because of the medication I'm taking, but I wanted to share some GREAT news with all of you...

My sister (missionary in Africa) is home in Mexico visiting for about a month. I was really sad that she couldn't afford to come to see me, but it was several hundred dollars more, and she just couldn't afford it.

Well, this morning I got a call from my Dad, asking me if I would fly down if they payed for my ticket. My sisters and parents are all pitching in to have me go down! I feel so loved and special! I will be flying down next week (Wednesday), so I'm praying for a speedy recovery with my wisdom teeth...lots of great food there, you know...mmmmmmmmm....I can't wait! This will be the first time in 6 years that the three of us sisters are together at the same time! The Lord is good! I'm just sorry that my DH won't be able to come along, but I still think it will be a great time...I hope he does ok here!

Anyway, you guys have all been very supportive of me, so I wanted to share this great news with you...I'll be sure to bring some of that great food to share when I get back...and why is it that it always ends up being about food????

Well, I better go rest...I'm a little out of it because of the medication...I hope I'm making sense... grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, and His love endures forever!

I am so happy for you, it is great when we can get together with our families.

Will you have an all night talk-a thon?

or will it be a giggle fest or a little of both?

MiscDogrun.gif

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

I am so happy for you Happygirl. smile.gif It is always nice to get together with family. Sorry that your DH won't be able to go with you.

Have a great time and enjoy every minute you have there. smile.gif Be sure to take pictures with you and also take a camera along so you will have pictures for memories. smile.gif

Have a safe trip and enjoy. smile.gif

Now, hope you get to feeling much better very soon. smile.gif

------------------

snowmomjune.gif

Well, my ticket has been bought and I hope I get it in the mail today. I was up in the wee hours of the morning with a lot of pain, but feel much better now...I'm so excited! I chatted a little with my Mom on internet this morning, and they're all excited for me to come...I can't wait. I will be traveling with my DD (almost 2 years old), so that will be interesting. I hope it goes ok...she will have to sit on my lap, unless there is no one sitting next to me...I hope that that's a possibility...

I will actually be sharing a room (and bed) with my middle sister, and yes that will be a talk-a-thon. We used to have our own bedrooms growing up (after my oldest sister got married), but would sleep in eachothers bedroom just to talk. We also have giggle-fests. My Dad thinks it's sad that we get so giddy, at our age smile.gif, but we have a lot of fun.

I'm real happy too, because I was able to find a great price for the plane ticket. My DD flies free, but because it's international, we still have to pay taxes for her. I hope she does ok on the flight. Any sudgestions to keep her ears from popping? She no longer drinks from a bottle or uses a pacifier, and I don't want to get her doing that again. I can chew gum, swallow, yawn, drink water, and all that helps me, but I'm not sure how to get her to do that. It'd be perfect if she could sleep most of the way...any sudgestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

------------------

So happy for you two. I know you are gonna have a great time.

Youy gotta tell us of your Thanksgiving tridition. How do they celibrate in Mexico? What kinds of foods do you prepare?

Hill

------------------

A problem is just a challenge waiting to be conquered.

Impossibilities are just possibilities waiting to be made possible.

You can't stop the curve balls of life but you can choose how you will handle them.

hillbillee.jpg

AAAARGHHHHHH!!! My plane ticket did come in yesterday, in my DD's name! I hope it's not a problem! Maybe I'll just have to sit on her lap, instead of her on mine wink.gif. I'll have to call tomorrow and straighten things out. Hopefully it won't be a problem.

Hill, we don't celebrated Thanksgiving in Mexico...I think it's a shame because it's such a wonderful holiday with so much meaning. But, the Americans that are in Queretaro (not ALL of them, but quite a few) get together to celebrate with Turkey and the works. I will be going this time...it's my first time since the tradition hasn't been going on too long. My sister's and I were asked to sing, so that'll be interesting. We have never sang together (the three of us), at least not in our adult lives, and I come in on Wednesday. I think it'll be ok though...as long as I get some good stuff to eat... smile.gif...it always has to be about food wink.gif.

So I'm very excited. It was 69° there yesterday, so I'm looking forward to that. Not shorts weather there, but maybe short sleeves for my DD...I'm sure she'll like not having to be bundled up all the time...

------------------