MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

TIP # 5 Virus Hoaxes

Ooooooooo THanks Mr.Caveman.....that's great to know!

I got one of those from someone i trusted...and it said check this file for these words...(can't remember now)..and delete that file....and i saw that it was an EXE (executable- SP) file.....so i at least KNEW not to delete it......even though i trusted this person.....sure enough i found out it was all a hoax and if i did delete that file i would have been in *@#& loads of trouble.....

I guess we can't be toooooooo careful!

deb

Guest Guest

Debbielee.....I got caught by that one! I followed the instructions VERY carefully, and sure enough, I had that file on my system,so I continued to follow instructions to wipe that nasty little bug off my system. I was proud as a Peacock, and couldn't wait for Caveman to get home to show him what good care I'd taken of our computer........He's still laughing....replaced the file.......and thus, is what inspired his hoax tip!

I sure don't like those viruses at all. I had problems with two or three some time ago and kept getting e-mail from people telling me about them and even had a few nasty e-mails about it.

We did, at the time have a protection, but it didn't catch the viruses. So, we have changed to P C. cillin. So far it has really done its job. We have had it now for almost 2 years I think. Anyway, it is good and really does the job.

Thanks for all the help and info, Caveman.

(just saw your reply Mare..sorry)

Oh noooooo...i can just see the color drain from your face when Mr. Cavey told ya what the poop was.....good try though Mare!!

Hi SNow!

Guest Guest

Don't feel bad theyd.....a lot of people have been taken by that bear thingy....this is why I have posted some links here so that if you get another so called virus warning then you can check it out first to see if it's a hoax or not.....if you have any problems with certain websites you will need to download that file you deleted and put it back into your windows folder. If you need my help doing that I'll need to know what operating system you are using.

Another location to have handy is Vmyths.com. I have it listed in my favorites so if I get an e-mail that I suspect, I can open Vmyths and check it out.