Sign in to follow this  
Grubby

Easter

Don't forget to get your Easter supplies and plenty of eggs! shoppingcart

Around here we hang plastic eggs on our trees. Is that something

that people in your neighborhood do?

I hope we have good weather. Hunting for eggs inside is not fun. frown

Let's share what we do on Easter. chocobun

It's going to be here before you know it! We don't actually decorate for Easter though. We might in the future as the baby gets bigger.

This year we won't do too much since dd is too small for celebrating a lot. We'll go to church and maybe hide eggs with our neices.

Oh and of course eat some chocolate!!

I was reading up on traditions and hanging eggs from trees is a great one! If I had any trees, I would do it too. We will decorate some eggs, and eat them, eat lots of chocolate, plant some seeds.

Maybe I will hang the plastic eggs in my window.

I won't be doing much for Easter. My kids will have a small Easter hunt, and a basket with a few little things in it from the dollar store.

Angela, that sounds fun. We never did anything big for Easter. Around here, some people turn it into practically another Christmas and I think that sends the wrong message to the kiddos.

Around here, not many decorate outdoors for Easter because more often than not, snow is still on the ground!

Sounds good to me, Angela. I always enjoyed getting together with my cousins, to have an Easter egg hunt, more than the candy part.

That's all we've done - small basket and an egg hunt. Although I used the plastic eggs when the kids were small and filled them - some with candy, others with a coin (penny, nickle, quarter etc.). It was a lot of fun and didn't move the focus of Easter to "presents". We also go to church and then a family dinner with whoever could make it to my parents.

We do some nice baskets on Sat. before Easter. I paid 25cents for nice wicker ones and some cute plastic ones. Reuse every year. I make large fondant filled eggs covered with chocolate. No hollow bunnies around here. My older girls still like getting a nice basket of stuff, shampoo, cheap movie, food treats, just depends what I can find for cheap. Sun is church and lamb for dinner. Might not color many eggs this year with prices the way they are. bought dye for 10 cents when the dollar store was going out of business, usually just make my own with food coloring and vinegar.

I did see a very cute idea in Hy-Vee this morning. They had large rice krispie "eggs" that had been dipped 1/2 way in chocolate and had sprinkles or swirles of other chocolate or candy on them. If you had the supplies on hand and just make the egged shapped treats and decorated it would be a fun treat for the kids to make or give/receive.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Cute-Knitt...uare-Plus-Ears/

A non-knitter said they used a washcloth to make one.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.