MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

How many famous people do you know

Guest Guest

DH has met alot of famous and infamous people. He has travelled alot in his career.

Myself, I've only met 3 that I can think of right now. John Glenn was jogging on the beach by our house when I was a little girl. Hank Williams Jr. was on a commuter type plane with me. I talked to Sally Struthers at a car show in Buena Park California once. My son met Gwen Stefani in LA when No Doubt was still a garage band. My Aunt sat next to Gary Cooper on an airplane in the late 50's and got his autograph. My Dad met alot of bigwigs when he worked at Cape Canaveral. One of his favorites was Walter Cronkite. My MIL dated Howard Hughes once, but I think nearly every woman out west did back then. LOL.

I should make DH get in here and tell you how many he's met but he's shy around puters!

I've met Kaffe Fassett, Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. Jackie Charlton, that's about it. there are quite a lot of "famous" people living in Dorset, but they haven't met me yet.

------------------

lowlander.jpg

The only one I've met was Connie Smith.

She played the Steuben County Fair a about 3 years ago, and I bought tickets for DD and myself to go. Then she did autographs after the show. We waited in line for about an hour for her to sign a picture of herself for us. She visited with most of us for a couple of minutes. I love to hear her sing. My favorite song that she did was "Seattle" it is not her own but I love her rendition.rather "Seattle"

------------------

lois.jpg

Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when

our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

When I was an officer on the student government in college i had the priviledge to pick up Vincent Price at the airport and accompany him to a speaking engagement at the college and then to a private reception afterwards. I've also met Sam the Sham and The Pharohs when I was a teenager. And 3 years ago my DSIL took me to see and meet Cleetis T. Judd and Leanne Womack, we got to talk with them and get their autographs also.

------------------

0 for me, but I did go to an event where I saw President Reagan. Didn't get close enough to actually meet him though.

My Stepfather has a business that makes fine guitars and repairs them. He has sold guitars to many famous artists. He has met the Romero Brothers, Jewel and many others.

My mom's boss used to be Sally Ride. SHe got us a signed copy of one of her books.

------------------

becca.jpg

John Denver was a personal friend. Rod Serling " Twilight Zone" lived next door to me when I was growing up and my parents were best friends with his.

I have met and dined with Peter, Paul and Mary, after one of their concerts.

The man who wrote " The Christmas Story..you know the " you'll shoot your eye out kid," Jean Shepard was a friend of the family, Robert Frost the poet, when I was younger. Jim Henson and Kermit! Fred Penner,

I have t Debbie Reynolds, Sophia Loren, Amy Grant, Frank Sinatra, Chip Davis of Mannheim Steamroller, Alan Alda, Ringo Starr,

Hall and Oates,

I can't forget The Man, Harry Chapin, Leonard Bernstein the conductor who was also a friend of Jean Shepard, Also John Williams when he was with the Boston Pops, and Keith Lockhart who is conductor of the Pops now.

George and Babs Bush and little Georgie, Bill and Hilly.

For the Jazz enthusiasts here Louis Prima was my dads 1st cousin. He was married to Keely Smith. He is noted for the song Jump, Jive and Wail and Just a Gigolo as well as others. Perry Como is my second cousin on my moms side of the family along with Vince Conti who played a detective on the old series Kojack.

So these are just some of the people I know, have known or are related to me and that I use to see at my Grandparents homes all the time.

------------------

reci.jpg

snoop2.gif

My favorites were Sir Edmund Hillary (first to scale Mt. Everest) and Ted Williams (baseball player).

They were both humble about their achievements and wonderful gentlemen. grin.gif

------------------

homest.jpg