MrsSurvival Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LaBellaVita

Please look at my personal library!

Okay here's my 2cents I copy and pasted your list then put it in the a different order.....but first I added a book

First Aid**********Emergency first aid--setting bones etc.

herbs – how to grow and medicinal uses (I think a couple of books here will be my very next purchase)

edible wild plants

root cellars and cold storage

more gardening books: composting, specifics like fruit trees, pruning, etc

solar cookbook

workshops and animal housing building guides

building solar panels and other off-grid needs

farm animal care

Hello I am new here, thank you for all the great info..

As far as the Foxfire books go you need to zip them, then they will be a much smaller file you can send out with ease. You can use Winzip if you have it already or this is a free site you can ues to zip the file. http://www.pkware.com/index.php?option=c...CFQwcawod4jelRg

Good Luck and again thank you for all the great information.

Tracy in WA

balloons Welcome to MrsS, Tracy! I'm glad you are finding some good information here. Thanks for the zip information too. Just jump right in with questions, comments, howls of frustration, or a good joke. There is a forum to fit just about anything around here! laugh

wave

MtRider

I would suggest Carla Emry's Encyclopedia of Country Living

More books about First Aid. You can download Where there is no DR and Dentist. I don't have the links on this computer.

I'm delurking for this thread. I have, um, a lot of books and will start compiling a list for you, but here's some of my recommendations for "must haves":

The More-with-Less Cookbooks by Doris Janzen Longacre. Out of the "lots" of cookbooks that I have, if I had to bugout, I'd take this one. Basic, simple cooking with staples.

Emergency Food Storage & Survival Handbook by Peggy Layton

How to Grow More vegetables by John Jeavons. Book on biointensive sustainable gardening. Used in 3rd world countries as a textbook.

Storey's Country Wisdom & Know How

Tiger makes decision to delurk because of BOOKS! dee My kind of person!

Welcome to MrsS star

Doesn't the thought of having to bugout and leave ANY books behind make you DarleneSwoon LOL

Hey folks....everyone here knows about "Where there is no doctor" and "Where there is no dentist". But I just ran across a book called "Where there is no animal doctor" !!!!! Drs. Quesenberry and Birmingham 406 pages

MtRider read

Add info:

http://www.hesperian.org/mm5/merchant.mv...tegory_Code=HEB

This simply written, heavily illustrated manual covers all aspects of health and care of horses & mules, cows & bulls, sheep & goats, pigs, rabbits and poultry. Developed for rural people where livestock are still important in village life and well-being, the book examines many animal health topics, including animal nutrition, and disease prevention, control and treatment. (Please note that purchases of Health & Empowerment titles are non-returnable.) $25

http://www.cvmusa.org/NETCOMMUNITY/Page.as...1&srcid=252

Where There Is No Animal Doctor

By Dr. Peter Quesenberry & Dr. Maureen Birmingham

An amazing manual covering animal functions of all the major domestic animals. It is an incredible amount of information in one volume of work. It is written in a simple, easy to understand style, supplemented with many good illustrations.

This book was developed to benefit rural people in many areas of the world where livestock still play an important role in village life. It deals with many different animal health related topics, including disease prevention, control and treatment, and the promotion of good animal nutrition. Specifically, the authors hope that this book will be useful for people living in areas where there is no veterinarian available.

410 pages. Available in English only.

$25.00 US

Welcome Tracey and Tiger, hope you like it here I would love it if you would tell us a little about yourself on the sunporch. I love new people and their ideas.

Hi Tracy! Sorry I missed your post.

Just wanted to say WELCOME! star