MrsSurvival Discussion Forums

What's For Dinner??? 2

I took some of the pork I had canned, poured the juice into a pan, let it simmer then made it into gravy...put the pork back in and let it simmer some more. Served it over rice with a side of green beans.

It was so tasty! mmmmm delicious.

My husband gave his stamp of approval, told me it was an excellent dinner! happy02

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night...even though I don't usually do this in hot weather...I just had a hankerin' for chili! It was sooo good. I did some chili beans in the crock pot all day and then added the rest of the stuff and served it over corn chips, topped with cheese and jalepenos for me!

I filled my gas tank(which was down to 1/4) and filled a 5 gallon plastic tank. I swore the whole way home in the car and made store brand mac-n-cheese with peas cooked in it for a very cheap dinner.

Don't let your tank get less then 1/2 empty, the cost of filling it is too painful!

Wow there sure hasn't been many meals being fixed lately! What's everyone fixing for summer meals? Last night we had hamburger patties, greenbeans (with bacon and onion) and baked tater tots!

Tonight we are having spaghetti, corn and salad.. Tomorrow we are having homemade pizzas and french fries.

Grilled and then baked country-style ribs, baked sweet potatoes, and peas...

Made my Hubby really happy!!! wink

Yesterday...Papa John's Pizza...today: SUBWAY...eat fresh!! LOL blush

Hey...we've eaten down the fridge and freezer for moving...plus I'm quilting!!

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

rofl

Fresh coleslaw (need a good recipe -- I'm still using stuff from a jar)

homemade baked beans (from dried navy beans - haven't done *that* in years!) with hot dogs

Corn on the cob.

:-)

Originally Posted By: Abigail
Yesterday...Papa John's Pizza...today: SUBWAY...eat fresh!! LOL blush

Hey...we've eaten down the fridge and freezer for moving...plus I'm quilting!!

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

rofl

Sounds good to me!!! mademyday

It's good to know I'm not the only one here who doesn't always cook a five-course meal from scratch. I mean I *can*, I just don't usually *want* to, especially when my son loves Moe's so much...

Tonight I made butternut squash soup from broth and squash I canned and we had melted cheese toast with it. It is hot out, but somehow that soup made us feel cool, LOL

Grilled chicken breast, broccoli salad that I added grated apple to, and cottage cheese. Peach ice cream for dessert.

Tummies are full... everyone's happy...

darlene

The kids and I finished cleaning the garage and cleaned our aging wood deck. The air in both places smells much better. There is a decent sized stack of trash waiting for pickup too.

So, I ordered a pizza(hawaiian) and wings. We worked hard yesterday and today so we had a treat. It was delicious.

Originally Posted By: Jeepers
I had spaghetti-o's and then a bowl of cereal. I live alone. It gets interesting.
rofl

Did you eat the spaghetti-o's out of the can?

I was on a tight deadline and got caught in my office eating ravioli out of the can at my desk, LOL! Got a big thumbs up from the two young and single maintenance guys who saw me! grin
Originally Posted By: Cricket
Originally Posted By: Jeepers
I had spaghetti-o's and then a bowl of cereal. I live alone. It gets interesting.
rofl

Did you eat the spaghetti-o's out of the can?

I was on a tight deadline and got caught in my office eating ravioli out of the can at my desk, LOL! Got a big thumbs up from the two young and single maintenance guys who saw me! grin

Nope, not this time. It was the small microwave size and since I had to remove the lid anyway I figured I'd get fancy and take that extra 30 seconds and heat it up. It's those little things that make my life so special.

2.gif **Makes note for the "Useless Products" thread... "spaghetti-os"**

I was saved by Pizza Hut tonight. I made a *big* batch of Alfredo sauce, part to freeze and part for supper with leftover grilled chicken pieces, mushrooms, and pasta.

I didn't have as much Parmesan cheese as I thought I did. So I used all the leftover packets of dried cheese that Pizza Hut offers with their pizzas for take-out. I had been saving them for "What If". I guess it was "What If" tonight!!

Turned out just fine!!!

yumyum

Woot - thanks for letting me know I'm not a bad mom for doing that. we had blueberry pancakes with chicken maple sausage. Hubby's proud that the blueberries came from his garden. DS was elated. :-D

we'll have to do that more often!

The last ham hock from the previous pigs (we have two fresh hogs in the freezer now, so I have been trying to use up the last of the previous batch.) with some fresh blackeye peas (I traded two large zucchini for the bag of fresh picked peas), and skillet corn bread with honey butter (store butter mixed with organic local honey).

Tonight was a special dinner. DH was just off a week of pager duty which has him into doubletime already this paycycle. So I went to the butcher shop & got two properly THICK ribeyes (we're talkin' about 2# of beef!), and some fresh sourdough bread.

Got some salad together with a feta vinaigrette dressing (good on bread too). Grilled the steaks up to perfection (8min//side for his, 4min/side for mine) with some Chicago seasoning, and butter-worcestershire sauce basting.

Shiner Black for a tasty beverage.

Dessert will be fresh strawberries on little shortcakes with vanilla ice cream on top. (Dessert is for later after we recover from dinner!)

Archived